What is the best thermal paste for Laptop? And do thermal conductivity really matter?

Audradadada

P.s. I don't use my laptop for gaming, but sometimes I do some light CAD 

thanks! ^^

Thermal conductivity does matter, to some degree. It tells you how quickly heat can travel through the material. Of course, as always, don't trust manufacturer claims.

But there's a limit to how quickly heat can get out of the CPU itself and also how quickly the cooler/fins can dissipate heat into the atmosphere. So at some point faster heat transfer will hit a limit elsewhere and the system will reach equilibrium.

As for best… go find some reviews. What works best on desktop should work best on a laptop. But the differences are generally minimal, so you'll likely want to go for best bang for buck, rather than strictly best.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

5 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

But the differences are generally minimal, so you'll likely want to go for best bang for buck, rather than strictly best.

^^^

Id reccomend either gd007 or gd 2 as theyre dirt cheap and are pretty much equivalent to something like arctic mx 4

8 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

^^^

Id reccomend either gd007 or gd 2 as theyre dirt cheap and are pretty much equivalent to something like arctic mx 4

Actually… I just learned about the best thermal paste ever 🤪

https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/thermal-paste/pink-thermal-paste-smells-like-strawberries-extreme-mugurisu-4g-strawberry-edition-rivals-thermal-grizzlys-kryonaut

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

7 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

I wonder what it tastes like

And out of all the things you put girls on you put em on a tube of thermal paste, we already had graphics cards with girls a decade ago and now we have thermal paste tubes with girls, i wonder what other things will be plastered with itasha in the coming future, maybe itasha rams? Cooler? Actually now that i think of it i dont think theres any of those on the market just yet so maybe i can sell itasha rams =p

Hello,

In my opinion transistor termal paste would be great because it has metal pieces inside. Plus it's really cheap (0.50$) for 10grams. I have been using it for 3 years and it works better than any other paste.

I hope i helped!

Doesn't matter much because there's so little paste trapped in a good system.

I'm willing to swim against the current.

Thermalright TFX, and yes conductivity matters.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

4 hours ago, Audradadada said:

P.s. I don't use my laptop for gaming, but sometimes I do some light CAD 

thanks! ^^

Since it's for use in a laptop, I'd suggest something like Honeywell PTM7950, which gets better over time and is phase-change material. 

Thermal conductivity is absolutely the most important aspect of a TIM, with ease of application being second, imho.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂