Looking for a home server, with integrated battery

Hi,

For years I was looking to replace my unreliable Rasp' Pi with a real computer. But the main issue is, I would like something that can run on battery. 
I already got an UPS ready, but this thing cant handle more than few minutes off, and the computer need to be plugged into it which is not super handy.

So for years I was savaging old laptop for this, but they often have an sub optimal footprint, laying around all flat. And I have to remove the screen if I want to keep them up without any overheating issue. So cool but not perfect.

I was loosing any hope, until Linus dropping the HP Envy Move in the last LG briefcase video like it was nothing.
This thing looked awesome! But... It lack some features for me with no ethernet port and no video output (not sure I could use the USB port for that)

Therefore I'm here, no that I know such thing exist, do any of you know some kind of mini computer, server oriented if possible, with a battery?

Top spec would be:

CPU: anything good enough in the not power angry land (I'll probably add some services if it replace my Pi)

Ram: 32 stock or upgradable would be nice

Storage: any modern SSD slot will be enough

Video: dont care, but if it can have two video output it will be perfect. A single DP is enough if I can use a daisy chain or a splitter
Battery: Yes please! 1h of battery time would be enough

Do any of you know something that look like this?

Thanks a lot

depending on your budget, you could get a DC-ATX power supply, a suitable battery pack, an AC-DC power supply to run off the mains, and some circuitry to handle changeover between mains and battery...

with that and, for example HDPLEX's 800W power supply, you could run just about anything on battery.

but that aside, realisticly your only sensible options are laptops, or small desktops with an external power supply that'll accept something that USB-PD can provide.

12 minutes ago, Plotter said:

I already got an UPS ready, but this thing cant handle more than few minutes off, and the computer need to be plugged into it which is not super handy.

you probably went far too close on the spec, my UPS'es all last at least around the 30 minute mark under load.

ideally you dont want to go past 50% load to save the battery a bit.

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

you probably went far too close on the spec, my UPS'es all last at least around the 30 minute mark under load.

ideally you dont want to go past 50% load to save the battery a bit.

"30" is "few minutes" to me ^^'
I dont often have power cut, and most of the time it's planned one, but I would really like to be able to sustain at least one hour, 3 or more hours would be perfect. 

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

but that aside, realisticly your only sensible options are laptops, or small desktops with an external power supply that'll accept something that USB-PD can provide.

That's why I though I first, but the HP Envy Move proved me wrong. (btw, I've found in the specs that its USB C handle DP, so with a nice hub I could have everything I need from it) I would rather use this than any laptop or computer + UPS combo. 

Oh and btw, it was not clear in my first post, but one of the main reason I would like to avoid UPS or any other kind of "external" batteries is to be able to unplug the setup to move it around if needed. This is something I do way more often that I should, but I like having my cable clean and tidy, so when new stuff arrive, it's often simpler to unplug everything. But if someone know a simple computer+ups with one cable clean setup, I'll obviously think about it 🙂

But before spending 1299€ on this, I would like to be sure that no better solution exist 😕

Edit: totally forgot to talk about this, but on the laptop side, I was strongly looking at the Framework one. Sadly, I saw no "desktop" case using battery (seriously, why??) and I dont have tools to make my own... otherwise it would be a really simple choice

Some power banks actually have functionality of "pass-through charging" -- that is, charging itself with a Type-C port, and charging another device with the second Type-C/Type-A on it. The latter is usually rated to 12V/3A, making it adequate enough for Raspberry Pis or even x86 mini-PCs (such as Intel N100-embedded ones), with help from a modded cable that gain 12V power via the PowerDelivery (PD) protocol. Note however that this usage may overcharge & damage the batteries, and is available only on specific higher-end power banks. Also, better equipped mini PCs (such as those with Ryzen H-series) require higher voltages for power, for which such power banks would not be applicable.

As aforementioned, lower-end mini PCs with up to 12V of power would be recommended to pair with these power banks.😃

4 hours ago, Bersella AI said:

Some power banks actually have functionality of "pass-through charging"

I've looked for this for a very long time, but all the one I was able to found (like the Krisdonia 50000mAh) had a short power cut going from one source to the other or a low power output on pass through, making them unsuitable for such usage.
But if you know any powerbank able to power a small USBC computer that does this without any cut, it would indeed be a fine enough solution for me 🙂

I'm not sure why you're trying to reinvent the wheel here. There are many slim clients and mini server devices out there with low power draw that a reasonable UPS could run for several hours. Nice thing about a UPS is you can plug in multiple devices. Mine runs my NAS and network gear.

I've bought used UPSs for cheap and replaced the batteries and they're good as new.

1 hour ago, Bdavis said:

There are many slim clients and mini server devices out there with low power draw that a reasonable UPS could run for several hours.

Simple, UPS are heavy, take a lot of place, and inefficient for such usage.
Also having two devices to linked with a cable make moving them way more annoying than having a single block device. That's why I was looking for desktop pc with battery or at least simply modable laptop

But digging into pass through power bank again I've found that small UPS for router or other such devices was a thing like this one
image.png.f011a87a0853ce4e7ef43c3fdada48a0.png

Sadly they seem to all only handle 2A out, which is not enough even for my rasp pi (tried with the wrong power block already, was crashing on load) and I'm trying to find a bit more power if possible 😕