Reddit SWAT????

BillBill
1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Yes, thank you for posting this info which supports my point.

Being SWATTED and a SWAT team are two different things. 

2 minutes ago, BillBill said:

Being SAWTTED is when someone makes a false report. It does not always mean police showing up. 

From your own source. The paragraph right before the one you copied.

Swatting is a criminal harassment act of deceiving an emergency service (via means such as hoaxing an emergency services dispatcher) into sending a police or emergency service response team to another person's address. This is triggered by false reporting of a serious law enforcement emergency, such as a bomb threatmurderhostage situation, or a false report of a mental health emergency, such as reporting that a person is allegedly suicidal or homicidal and may be armed, among other things.[1]

So, did they call the cops? Did they have a way to falsely report you?

No. 

Clickbait words. 

Oh cool, another source of yours.

Swatting entails generating an emergency law enforcement response against a target victim under false pretenses. Swatters do this by making phone calls to emergency lines like 911 and falsely reporting a violent emergency situation, such as a shooting or hostage situation.

Here's a hint. You, me, @Middcore are all nobodies on the internet. Nobody tried to SWAT you. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

No. 

Clickbait words. 

Here's a hint. You, me, @Middcore are all nobodies on the internet. Nobody tried to SWAT you. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting

No. 

Clickbait words. 

SAWTTING includes falsely reporting a mental health crisis.  

2 minutes ago, BillBill said:

The term is SWATTED because it's an attempt to make a SWAT team show up. The info you yourself have posted says this, did you even read it? I am not going to waste any more time on this.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

The term is SWATTED because it's an attempt to make a SWAT team show up. The info you yourself have posted says this, did you even read it? I am not going to waste any more time on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting

Just now, BillBill said:

3 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Swatting is a criminal harassment act of deceiving an emergency service (via means such as hoaxing an emergency services dispatcher) into sending a police or emergency service response team to another person's address. This is triggered by false reporting of a serious law enforcement emergency, such as a bomb threatmurderhostage situation, or a false report of a mental health emergency, such as reporting that a person is allegedly suicidal or homicidal and may be armed, among other things.[1]

No. 

Clickbait words. 

Just now, BillBill said:

You're missing the important words in the above quote. I never said MHCs weren't included in that. In fact, the first quote I posted from YOUR source includes them. You're forgetting about the part where it gets reported to LEOs in an effort to get them to your house. 

This is triggered by false reporting of a serious law enforcement emergency,

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

6 minutes ago, BillBill said:

the act of swatting is making a call so serious that a swat team needs to show up.

Reddit cares in no way shape or form has anything to do with swatting. No emergency services are called with Reddit cares.

OP, please stop. 

3 minutes ago, BillBill said:

If and ONLY if that report is to cause a swat team to come over to your place. Which means the mental health crisis has you taking up hostages.

"Swatting is a criminal harassment act of deceiving an emergency service (via means such as hoaxing an emergency services dispatcher) into sending a police or emergency service response team to another person's address. This is triggered by false reporting of a serious law enforcement emergency, such as a bomb threat, murder, hostage situation, or a false report of a mental health emergency, such as reporting that a person is allegedly suicidal or homicidal and may be armed, among other things.[1]"

You're missing the important words in the above quote. I never said MHCs weren't included in that. In fact, the first quote I posted from YOUR source includes them. You're forgetting about the part where it gets reported to LEOs in an effort to get them to your house. 

You don't have to use a phone to contact 911 you can also text 911 

2 minutes ago, starsmine said:

the act of swatting is making a call so serious that a swat team needs to show up.

Reddit cares in no way shape or form has anything to do with swatting. No emergency services are called with Reddit cares.

OP, please stop. 

If and ONLY if that report is to cause a swat team to come over to your place. Which means the mental health crisis has you taking up hostages.

Not it is not limited to a SWAT team.

Just now, BillBill said:

Not it is not limited to a SWAT team.

Its exclusively limited to making a false report that requires/incentives the police to use their Swat team or swat team equivalent. Please read the definition you yourself posted. 

1 minute ago, starsmine said:

Its exclusively limited to making a false report that requires/incentives the police to use their Swat team or swat team equivalent. Please read the definition you yourself posted. 

It does not exclusively mean a SWAT team.  

1 minute ago, BillBill said:

Post it 3 or 4 more times and maybe it will say something different.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

It does not exclusively mean a SWAT team.  

image.png.143f208bd437e027e9109aa3cf029899.png

From your source.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

image.png.143f208bd437e027e9109aa3cf029899.png

From your source.

SAWTTING is not exclusive to just a SWAT team. 

Yup. Your source and their sources are wrong. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

4 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Yup. Your source and their sources are wrong. 

Check out Wikipedia and other websites. 

Check out Wikipedia and other websites. 

That's where I got that screen cap from... Wikipedia.

Your source.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

That's where I got that screen cap from... Wikipedia.

Your source.

That's not my source. That's Wikipedia's source. "Yup. Your source and their sources are wrong." You disagreeing doesn't make information wrong. 

6 minutes ago, BillBill said:

Look bud. I get that you probably feel silly because you freaked out unnecessarily. But insisting a term doesn't mean what it means while posting sources which disagree with your own argument makes you look sillier, I assure you.

Just now, BillBill said:

That's not my source. That's Wikipedia's source. "Yup. Your source and their sources are wrong." You disagreeing doesn't make information wrong. 

You used Wikipedia as a source. That is your source. You used Wikipedia as a source, and they used THE DICTIONARY as a source. 

The fact that you can't read your own full source doesn't hurt us. You read 2 paragraphs and said "Yup, this supports that I got swated" when it doesn't. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Look bud. I get that you probably feel silly because you freaked out unnecessarily. But insisting a term doesn't mean what it means while posting sources which disagree with your own argument makes you look sillier, I assure you.

Look at Tim Pool and he has been SWATTED countless times and a SWAT team didn't show up some police did. 

3 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

You used Wikipedia as a source. That is your source. You used Wikipedia as a source, and they used THE DICTIONARY as a source. 

The fact that you can't read your own full source doesn't hurt us. You read 2 paragraphs and said "Yup, this supports that I got swated" when it doesn't. 

It isn't my source. It belongs to Wikipedia.