Reddit SWAT????

BillBill

"A concerned redditor reached out to us about you.

When you're in the middle of something painful, it may feel like you don't have a lot of options. But whatever you're going through, you deserve help and there are people who are here for you." Someone disagreed with my comment and then reported me saying I was in crisis. Should I be worried?  

Seems like abusing the "this person is threatening to harm themselves" systems are the hot new way to mess with people.

This is why I only lurk Reddit.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

What's this have to do with SWAT?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Swatting is bad anon.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

5 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

What's this have to do with SWAT?

Someone disagreed with me on Reddit and reported me as being in crisis. 

56 minutes ago, BillBill said:

That has *Nothing* to do with swat or getting swatted
You got a dm from reddit asking "Hey man..you alright?"

9 hours ago, BillBill said:

It must have been hard having police break your door in. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

its unfortunately very common on reddit. Though sometimes the person reporting it isn't being malicious, just wrong. 

13 hours ago, BrandonLatzig said:

That has *Nothing* to do with swat or getting swatted
You got a dm from reddit asking "Hey man..you alright?"

No I was sent a message from Reddit and was referred to using their crisis chat. Someone disagreed with me so they reported me as being a danger to myself.   

4 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

It must have been hard having police break your door in. 

Sorry I should have said an attempt to SAWT me. 

40 minutes ago, starsmine said:

its unfortunately very common on reddit. Though sometimes the person reporting it isn't being malicious, just wrong. 

I just assumed someone became upset after disagreeing with me.  

2 minutes ago, BillBill said:

Sorry I should have just said that that is not a SWAT attempt. 

It gets annoying when people use "clickbait" words to make what happened to them seem much scarier than it was. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Sorry I should have just said that that is not a SWAT attempt. 

It gets annoying when people use "clickbait" words to make what happened to them seem much scarier than it was. 

Reddit SWAT???? <<<< That's why I used a bunch of question marks. What I had said wasn't clickbait. 

5 minutes ago, BillBill said:

Reddit SWAT???? <<<< That's why I used a bunch of question marks. What I had said wasn't clickbait. 

Did I say you used clickbait, or did I say that you used a bigger scarier "clickbait" word to make the situation feel scarier than it was to yourself and us? 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

4 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Did I say you used clickbait, or did I say that you used a bigger scarier "clickbait" word to make the situation feel scarier than it was to yourself and us? 

I had thought that using four question marks would have implied that it was a question.

21 minutes ago, BillBill said:

It's not, though. Think logically. The "Reddit cares" thing is an automated message sent when someone reports a post that seems like a person is in a self-destructive mental state, which unfortunately people now use just to be jerks. But reddit doesn't know where you live, how is a SWAT team going to show up there?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

It's not, though. Think logically. The "Reddit cares" thing is an automated message sent when someone reports a post that seems like a person is in a self-destructive mental state, which unfortunately people now use just to be jerks. But reddit doesn't know where you live, how is a SWAT team going to show up there?

I was scared for a moment but then I realized that the only contact information Reddit has is my email address. SWATTING doesn't mean a SWAT team. It is just a false report to police. Like a bomb threat, hostage situation or mental health emergency.   

4 minutes ago, BillBill said:

It is just a false report to police. Like a bomb threat, hostage situation or mental health emergency. 

Which all end in police showing up at your door..

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

5 minutes ago, BillBill said:

I was scared for a moment but then I realized that the only contact information Reddit has is my email address. SWATTING doesn't mean a SWAT team. It is just a false report to police. Like a bomb threat, hostage situation or mental health emergency.   

The term absolutely does refer to a SWAT team. It's a false report to police that a situation is happening which would result in a SWAT team to be deployed (like, say, a bomb threat or hostage taking!). Where else would you think the term originated?

In any case, since reddit doesn't know where you live, the point remains the same. Take a breath.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The term absolutely does refer to a SWAT team. It's a false report to police that a situation is happening which would result in a SWAT team to be deployed (like, say, a bomb threat or hostage taking!). Where else would you think the term originated?

In any case, since reddit doesn't know where you live, the point remains the same. Take a breath.

"The term is derived from the law enforcement unit SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics), a specialized type of police unit in the United States. It is not related to the verb "to swat".[2] SWAT teams are equipped with tactical gear and weapons that differ from patrol units, and are called to situations that are deemed high-risk. A threat may result in the evacuations of schools and businesses. Advocates have called for swatting to be considered terrorism due to its use to intimidate and create the risk of injury or death.[3][4]"

1 minute ago, BillBill said:

"The term is derived from the law enforcement unit SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics), a specialized type of police unit in the United States. It is not related to the verb "to swat".[2] SWAT teams are equipped with tactical gear and weapons that differ from patrol units, and are called to situations that are deemed high-risk. A threat may result in the evacuations of schools and businesses. Advocates have called for swatting to be considered terrorism due to its use to intimidate and create the risk of injury or death.[3][4]"

Yes, thank you for posting this info which supports my point.

6 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Which all end in police showing up at your door..

Being SAWTTED is when someone makes a false report. It does not always mean police showing up.