boot times on b650e-f strix mobo

Go to solution Solved by Agall,
4 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

i noticed it takes a hot mintue to boot on my new mobo the rog strix b650e-f, this is with DOCP 5600mhz enabled, i know DDR5 has weird post times but on my other mobo it wouldnt take that long is that normal? is there maybe a setting i should enable/disable? 

Just the way it is. The boot time on my 4790k is less than the last 3 machines I've had since there's a lot more hardware to initialize/POST. DDR5 added another with the training it'll do every time there's a cold boot or so.

i noticed it takes a hot mintue to boot on my new mobo the rog strix b650e-f, this is with DOCP 5600mhz enabled, i know DDR5 has weird post times but on my other mobo it wouldnt take that long is that normal? is there maybe a setting i should enable/disable? 

4 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

Just the way it is. The boot time on my 4790k is less than the last 3 machines I've had since there's a lot more hardware to initialize/POST. DDR5 added another with the training it'll do every time there's a cold boot or so.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

1 minute ago, Agall said:

okay honestly i dont mind it i just wanted to know if its normal

That board takes forever from my experience, taking over a minute to boot. Granted, that was a BIOS revision from a few months ago when I built a system with that board and it was with 2x32GB instead of your 2x16GB, so it shouldn't be quite as bad as this, but it still should be pretty bad. 

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That board takes forever from my experience, taking over a minute to boot. Granted, that was a BIOS revision from a few months ago when I built a system with that board and it was with 2x32GB instead of your 2x16GB, so it shouldn't be quite as bad as this, but it still should be pretty bad. 

yeah i guess thats how it is unfortunately, hoping in the future they make it boot faster because if we keep going up in ram speeds we might not boot until next year or something 

Just now, Mando772004 said:

yeah i guess thats how it is unfortunately, hoping in the future they make it boot faster because if we keep going up in ram speeds we might not boot until next year or something 

You can probably play with some of the memory training options in order to get it to not take forever, though I haven't done that on that board so don't know if that would do anything.