cant open a CD-R

VirusDumb

ea492e5b-0dd0-48e5-b693-4c957094f874.thumb.jpg.a892617fb2f709a37df5167cafdc261a.jpg

so the project for finals for computer science we had to make a python program and put it on a cd, so me and a friend of mine bought a 10 pack verbatim cd-r for ₹300, now there's a lot of students in our class who don't have a PC with an optical dirve or didnt od their projects so we decided to load on the file on those CDs and sell it to these students for ₹50 each now we could only sell 8 of them as we needed 2 for ourselve's for our own project, so at first we only got 6 students to buy and made back our money but didn't make profit

so for all the discs, we just used the format as usb drive option when we first loaded these new fresh CDs on, and we did it for the first 6, now we got 2 more students so i went to format one of the CDs but it took too long and now i'ts like this, what do i do

You don't format CD's man. It doesn't work unless it's an RW disc. Even then I don't think you are able to format them. In order to burn files to a disc....

Open the drive with the disc in it

Copy files to the drive

then you right click on the drive and there should be an option to burn the files

I'm shocked your teacher asked for CD's and not Flash Drives.

That one disc's probably bad.

29 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

You don't format CD's man. It doesn't work unless it's an RW disc. Even then I don't think you are able to format them.

You can, it'll format them to UDF, on which you can then drag and drop files as you wish. On a CD-R obviously deleting a file will not reclaim the space, but you can.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

That one disc's probably bad.

You can, it'll format them to UDF, on which you can then drag and drop files as you wish. On a CD-R obviously deleting a file will not reclaim the space, but you can.

I see, thank you

Back in the day, I always picked the other option, not "use this CD-R as a USB flash drive". It seemed to be more reliable, or at least more compatible with computers that weren't brand new at the time.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

43 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Back in the day, I always picked the other option, not "use this CD-R as a USB flash drive". It seemed to be more reliable, or at least more compatible with computers that weren't brand new at the time.

tried that now but

image.png.e81d3898bfb04de7ef6e4f0fe8cd7d28.png

2 hours ago, fade2black001 said:

I'm shocked your teacher asked for CD's and not Flash Drives.

we are allowed to use either but we won't get it back ever again, and the cheapest pendrive is ₹350 for 16gb and for a few kb of a file it's useless to waste that much, buying this set was only ₹300 for 10(me and my buddy had ₹150 each) and we're making money by selling these so it's free now, and now if i can get this one off I'm gonna make a profit of ₹50, so buying CDs not only saved ₹50 and made another ₹50

2 hours ago, VirusDumb said:

tried that now but

If it's still the same disc as before then it's bad, try the next.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 hours ago, Kilrah said:

If it's still the same disc as before then it's bad, try the next.

I don't got anymore discs, I sold em all, thankfully I just found out that they won't really check the CDs at school as we have already written the code down, so the guy is willing to buy an empty corrupt CD just to submit it, so I'm selling it to him for ₹35