Help!! No Signal After CMOS Reset

Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

So that's the RAM LED. Try sticks separately one at a time, make sure they're inserted properly.

After a CMOS reset by plugging out the battery I've been experiencing black screen (no signal). Below are the steps that I have done

1. Plug out all cord (power, usb, etc.) 

2. remove ram and gpu 

3. remove CMOS batterry and jump JB10 using a screwdriver

4. Press power button for 30 second to remove any power in the mobo

5. Wait 5 Minute before reinstalling the CMOS battery

6. Install gpu and ram back (I've tried to swap ram slot) 

I also have read multiple forum post regarding this issue. And some might say that it reset video output from GPU to iGPU. But in my case my CPU does not come with iGPU. How do I fix this problem if it is does occur

Here's my setup:

Mobo: MSI B550m Pro

GPU: RTX 2060

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Ram: KLEVV 8gbx2

Any help would be much appreciated 🙏

Does the device seem to POST/boot okay? (as in fans spin up and stay on, debug lights changing if you have them too)

Apprentice Software Developer

If the monitor is connected via displayport try HDMI instead.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

27 minutes ago, TheProGamer said:

Does the device seem to POST/boot okay? (as in fans spin up and stay on, debug lights changing if you have them too)

all fans run normally, though idk where are debug lights located. There's only 1 lights than turns on when PC boot (see attachment) 

1707214647460641433075403030132.jpg

25 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

If the monitor is connected via displayport try HDMI instead.

I connect monitor to pc using HDMI cable. Also if the case stated above happen is there a way to force mobo to output the display through GPU (rtx 2060) not iGPU (because my cpu dont havr iGPU). 

Have a look which LED is lighting up white on your motherboard, and then feed back to us what the motherboard is telling you.

1 hour ago, kennkai said:

I connect monitor to pc using HDMI cable. Also if the case stated above happen is there a way to force mobo to output the display through GPU (rtx 2060) not iGPU (because my cpu dont havr iGPU). 

also do you know any fix for this issue

If there is a GPU and it's properly recognised and working output will be from it, there is nothing to do.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

2 hours ago, TheProGamer said:

Have a look which LED is lighting up white on your motherboard, and then feed back to us what the motherboard is telling you.

Here's my update regarding the light. 

The second white color was from the 2nd row and I am still wondering regarding the issue

Below I attach the detailed photo of it and related manual I can find

Screenshot_20240206-194050.jpg

IMG_20240206_192027__01.jpg

So that's the RAM LED. Try sticks separately one at a time, make sure they're inserted properly.

F@H

GPD Win 2

Thx, IDK why swapping ram to a different slot did not work before. But somehow it work now. @Kilrah@theprogamer. Much appreciated 🙏🙏

1 minute ago, kennkai said:

Thx, IDK why swapping ram to a different slot did not work before. But somehow it work now. @Kilrah@theprogamer. Much appreciated 🙏🙏

No problem, glad you found your solution on this forum

2 minutes ago, TheProGamer said:

No problem, glad you found your solution on this forum

But a new problem arises. The pc wont boot and ram debug light lights up again when i try using both ram. But issues is fixed when only using 1 ram. Before the CMOS reset both ram was detected and mobo ram slot works properly. Any idea why this could happen? 

Just now, kennkai said:

But a new problem arises. The pc wont boot and ram debug light lights up again when i try using both ram. But issues is fixed when only using 1 ram. Before the CMOS reset both ram was detected and mobo ram slot works properly. Any idea why this could happen? 

Have you tried each one by itself? One of the sticks might be faulty, not the fact that youre using both together.

6 minutes ago, TheProGamer said:

Have you tried each one by itself? One of the sticks might be faulty, not the fact that youre using both together.

Yes i have tried both slot (slot a and slot b) single channel on slot a and slot b with different ram. All work as intended. But the problem arise when both channel are used though both ram & ram slot work properly 

5 minutes ago, kennkai said:

Yes i have tried both slot (slot a and slot b) single channel on slot a and slot b with different ram. All work as intended. But the problem arise when both channel are used though both ram & ram slot work properly 

So both sticks seem to work, it is only when they are together?

1 minute ago, TheProGamer said:

So both sticks seem to work, it is only when they are together?

yeap, also both slot from the mobo work as intended. Btw I have posted a new thread as a follow up regarding this issue

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1556731-help-no-signal-after-cmos-reset-when-using-both-ram-slot/