laserjet printer makes all my battery backups come on.

GOW3

Anytime i print it does this. I know they draw a lot of power to heat up.

I have a rack mount UPS and a few Cyberpower battery back ups they all trip when i print they are all on the same circuit. Nothing actually cuts off and i can't really move anything.

Is there any device that can help? My rack mount UPS was pretty expensive. 

Never put a laser printer on a UPS is the usual answer. You wouldn't typically abosolutely need to print during a power outage...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Which model LaserJet?

Move the printer to a different circuit that doesn't have as much plugged into it. (If you're in North America, see if you can pick a circuit that's on the other phase.) Or, you might need to have a dedicated circuit run for one of the rack UPSes.

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Never put a laser printer on a UPS is the usual answer. You wouldn't typically abosolutely need to print during a power outage...

I think (hope) they meant the UPS was kicking in because of the momentary brownout the printer causes when it spins up. If the printer was plugged into a UPS, the UPS should shut the load off to protect itself.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Since they say they have a big rackmount UPS I don't know, could be just enough to take the hit.

If it's not the case then it's just that the circuit everything is on is overloaded, probably want to use separate ones.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Laser gang here, mine makes the room's lights dim when I hit the print button, peak consumption is around 8 amps during the first second so that's probably what's causing your UPS to trip as it detects a brief anomaly, think about it as a brownout that only lasts for a second, that's enough for the UPS to trip as its response time is in the ms range.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

It is not on a UPS. My computers and servers are.

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

Laser gang here, mine makes the room's lights dim when I hit the print button, peak consumption is around 8 amps during the first second so that's probably what's causing your UPS to trip as it detects a brief anomaly, think about it as a brownout that only lasts for a second, that's enough for the UPS to trip as its response time is in the ms range.

Seems to be a common complaint with laserjet printers. I need a soft start for it like they make for heat pumps.

If everything trips with just one printer it means the voltage sag is large and that the circuit is already overloaded anyway. It shouldn't do that.

Mine makes the lights dim a bit but that's all, the UPS won't trip. Don't do this:

plugs.gif.2e255ab6c0bbbc1fa65dab933fd6effd.gif

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.