Can I put a i5 8500 on a LGA1150 socket?

So I've wondered if its possible tout a i5 8500 on a lga 1150 socket since its the only board with that socket I have for intel

14 minutes ago, GanjajoggiBig said:

So I've wondered if its possible tout a i5 8500 on a lga 1150 socket since its the only board with that socket I have for intel

No, that CPU requires an LGA1151 socket to physically interface while also needing the rest of the motherboard like the chipset to recognize it to work. Otherwise, almost any LGA1151 motherboard should work (keeping in mind that 6th/7th gen motherboards also used LGA1151, so it'll work with 8th/9th gen LGA1151 motherboards).

ASRock DESKMINI 310W Mini / Booksize Barebone System - Newegg.com

Example of something really cheap that can take that, RAM and storage being really cheap if you don't have any spare SODIMM DDR4 laying around.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

2 minutes ago, GanjajoggiBig said:

Ok good to know

Also it DOES NOT work on 100 and 200 series chipsets.

Any reason you want this cpu specifically?

For gaming its quite terrible compared to other similar priced and cheaper options

9 minutes ago, Agall said:

Otherwise, almost any LGA1151 motherboard should work.

Eh not true. 1151 has two revisions and compatibility between the two requires modding.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Eh not true. 1151 has two revisions and compatibility between the two requires modding.

I saw that with 6th gen, but I didn't use an ultimatum for a reason 😄 I changed my first post.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

13 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Also it DOES NOT work on 100 and 200 series chipsets.

Any reason you want this cpu specifically?

For gaming its quite terrible compared to other similar priced and cheaper options

Because it was the only good one I have because I accidentally fried the i5 4450 (I think) and I only have a spare board with the 1150 socket, but I still have a i3 4160 not sure it works tough since the last time I used it it beeped and I couldn't find out what it means

15 minutes ago, GanjajoggiBig said:

Because it was the only good one I have because I accidentally fried the i5 4450 (I think) and I only have a spare board with the 1150 socket, but I still have a i3 4160 not sure it works tough since the last time I used it it beeped and I couldn't find out what it means

How do younthink you fried a cpu?

You like REALLY have to try to do tht

Technically possible (this mod has been done before) but very complicated

2 hours ago, powertoys said:

Technically possible (this mod has been done before) but very complicated

True, and should only be attempted by guys with a good working knowledge (Experience) of electronics AND have really good to excellent soldering skills too because some mods require it.

Get a chip that actually works with your board or a board that matches the chip you have - Those are the only two viable solutions you have right now.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.