How to Let People Join my Server

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
1 minute ago, MrAuto said:

Okay, would i need a static ip for this, and also would it work if I wanted to add a domain later down the road?

You can have a dynamic IP. DDNS is designed to make it easy to connect to changing IP address.

You can link a domain name later on and connect to that.

Hey Ltt Forum, Auto here. I just recently invested in a computer to run a minecraft server on, but I have a problem, I don’t know how to let people outside of my network connect to the server. I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that? I am not opposed to paying for it but I’m also not looking to spend a crap ton of money.

Did you enable port forwarding? Did you allow the server through your firewall? There should be some guides that go over how to make a minecraft server access over the public internet you can follow.

I’ve heard port forwarding is dangerous, is that true?

15 minutes ago, MrAuto said:

I’ve heard port forwarding is dangerous, is that true?

There are some security risks, but its generally pretty low for something like a simple minecraft server. Make sure to keep everything up to date and follow other good security practices.

Okay, would i need a static ip for this, and also would it work if I wanted to add a domain later down the road?

1 minute ago, MrAuto said:

You can have a dynamic IP. DDNS is designed to make it easy to connect to changing IP address.

You can link a domain name later on and connect to that.