My games crash after less than 5 minutes running

Hello, I am having trouble running Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and 4. Every time I would run it, it would crash in about 5 minutes with no error code or anything. Ive checked the crash logs for black ops 3 and nothing appears while for black ops 4, I get a "[0130/214608.462:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(523)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is disabled, ANGLE is " I have tried so so many things to try and fix the problem and I'll list them below. This also occurred when I was in windows 10 and I thought switching to windows 11 would fix it but it didn't. Also, on task manager, the CPU or GPU usage doesn't spike or anything, they stay in the 30-50%

• Exclusions in anti-virus
  • power plan to high-performance
  • running as administrator
  • completely uninstalling graphics drivers
  • reinstalling windows
  • verifying/repairing the files
  • uninstalling and reinstalling
  • launching in safe mode
  • setting priority to real-time/high
  • running Malwarebytes to check for viruses
  • checking windows updates
  • switching to windows 11

There was probably more but I cant list them at the top of my head. This occurs only to these 2 games and every other game is completely fine. I have read so many articles for people with similar issues and solutions but they didn't work for me and this is my last hope ngl. I'll list my computer specs below

• i9-13900k
  • RTX 4080 OC
  • MSI B760 Gaming Plus
  • G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400mhz
  • NZXT Kraken 280
  • Corsair RM1000x
  • Samsung 990 PRO Series - 2TB
  • Windows 11

Temps?

Try to run your ram at like 4800mhz or lowest default profile too

Also have you updated the 990pro's firmware? These launched with suicide firmware

I'm getting the same exact error code on the most recent MW2. The only similarities I see is that we're both OC'd (but I got a 3070) and we're both getting the safe mode notification.. I've googled and read about a "safe mode bug" but saw no solutions..

I emailed a bunch of logs to support but am still searching the web & found you. I've also removed the OC but nothing so I doubt that's the issue.. I don't think it's the drivers because I've tried several old ones before going back to geforce..

The only thing I could think of that changed on my computer was using the FSR3 mod on a few games, but since you have a 40 series I doubt you'd try that. Plus I removed everything related to that mod and the crashing is only effecting one of my call of duty games. If you have any ideas or any fixes you figured out, let me know.

On 1/31/2024 at 12:32 AM, jaslion said:

Temps?

Try to run your ram at like 4800mhz or lowest default profile too

Also have you updated the 990pro's firmware? These launched with suicide firmware

The temps dont get high, they are low

Tried it right now and the game still crashed

yes I updated the firmware when I first got it.

I never had the crashing issue before, but it happened recently so I guess its been close to 2 months now.

• 1 month later...

I just remembered your thread, I had a similar issue and figured it out, at least on my computer. It was caused by using a mapping software for emulators. Mine was rewasd so check to make sure you don't have anything similar installed.