How can I make a small Black PC case less boring?

Sanedish

Hi, I recently discovered a neat case in my collection (aka my old second case wich no longer fits due to the lack of AIO support) and I found it to look, well, quite Boeing (also to be fair, I've kinda got intrigued by a build I've done in PCBS2), wich Is why I thought: why not ask people who know more than a monkey with a phone how I could make that PC less boring, since it houses my second PC now (was thinking of maybe some LTT/Parts brands/Other Stickers and a black&white paint job?). I use that one quite often and, due to it being a shitbox, kinda use it as decoration until I might sell it. Why is it a shitbox? it houses an GTX 650 Ti Boost and Xeon E3 1220V3 w/ 32GB 1666 or 2133mhz ram (yikes), but I kinda like the PC for some reason:3

But still, it looks boring af, I would really appreciate ideas (I will not  turn it into an furry, that's a different project)...

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

Add some Decals or stickers + spray paint really. That's all you need.

Two tone paint colors are always a nice touch or, just a solid nice color. Maybe take some inspiration from the PSP festival series, where it was bright expressive colors.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

2 hours ago, Spencerssy1 said:

What if you build Lego's around the case to make it look like a Lego PC case? 

Damn........ But that's expensive as heck, but I might try it...

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Put on a lot of painter's tape so you get a zebra pattern and spray it with white paint?

🤷‍♂️

Or, if you feel brave, get some Art Deco patterns you can paint after and make it black and gold

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

10 hours ago, DeerDK said:

Put on a lot of painter's tape so you get a zebra pattern and spray it with white paint?

🤷‍♂️

Or, if you feel brave, get some Art Deco patterns you can paint after and make it black and gold

oh boy you gave me an idea, do you have any tips on how to make the paint job dont look trash? 😛

On 1/24/2024 at 8:34 PM, Sanedish said:

I recently discovered a neat case in my collection (aka my old second case wich no longer fits due to the lack of AIO support) and I found it to look, well, quite Boeing (also to be fair, I've kinda got intrigued by a build I've done in PCBS2)

The sidepanel was blown off and there was a lot of stuff dangling around?

image.png.249d5ea2b64d81b654967e20d63337da.png

You know what we are not seeing very often, but what could look actually nice? An upholstered case. Black velvet and some gold sprinkles here and there?

image.png.b4b29bb8eadc48eb41ce2eb6d45cd5a6.png

5 minutes ago, HenrySalayne said:

The sidepanel was blown off and there was a lot of stuff dangling around?

image.png.249d5ea2b64d81b654967e20d63337da.png

lmao i ment boring 😅

6 minutes ago, HenrySalayne said:

You know what we are not seeing very often, but what could look actually nice? An upholstered case. Black velvet and some gold sprinkles here and there?

image.png.b4b29bb8eadc48eb41ce2eb6d45cd5a6.png

Not quite my style tbh, but good idea, i'll keep it in mind

not the best for right now, but in the future, maybe invest into white cases with patterned panels perhaps? for now, definitely decals or sending solid panels off to get painted

12 minutes ago, BrandonLatzig said:

not the best for right now, but in the future, maybe invest into white cases with patterned panels perhaps?

Idk, i wanted to make use of what i have...

1 hour ago, Sanedish said:

oh boy you gave me an idea, do you have any tips on how to make the paint job dont look trash? 😛

Nope 😂

Haven't dared trying myself yet

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)