Budget (including currency): ~1150$ (400 000 HUF)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games and college work

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello guys. So i have a really old rig (i7 4790, GTX 750Ti), and i want to upgrade it in the next month, within a budget, but still want to future proof a bit. I don't have to by peripherals or monitor cause i have a Lenovo Thinkvision T27hv-20, so i want to play in 2k 75hz. I picked out a list of parts, which i think will work, but to be 100% sure i wanted to ask you guys what you think about it. I already bought a used asus 3070 dual OC edition, for 340$, so my build is around that, and the PSU as new. So my build looks like this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nvgjL9 . If you have anything wrong with it please tell me cause i'm a beginner with pc builds, i built the computer i have, but these parts are a bit higher price than i already have. Thanks in advance for everyone who helps me. 🙂 

6 minutes ago, DrakenTheHUN said:

Budget (including currency): ~1150$ (400 000 HUF)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games and college work

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello guys. So i have a really old rig (i7 4790, GTX 750Ti), and i want to upgrade it in the next month, within a budget, but still want to future proof a bit. I don't have to by peripherals or monitor cause i have a Lenovo Thinkvision T27hv-20, so i want to play in 2k 75hz. I picked out a list of parts, which i think will work, but to be 100% sure i wanted to ask you guys what you think about it. I already bought a used asus 3070 dual OC edition, for 340$, so my build is around that, and the PSU as new. So my build looks like this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nvgjL9 . If you have anything wrong with it please tell me cause i'm a beginner with pc builds, i built the computer i have, but these parts are a bit higher price than i already have. Thanks in advance for everyone who helps me. 🙂 

Where will you be purchasing your components from ... Hungary or Germany and if Hungary do you have a link to any sites?

6 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

Where will you be purchasing your components from ... Hungary or Germany and if Hungary do you have a link to any sites?

From hungary.

Processor and MOBO from: foramax.hu (processor: Intel Core i5-12400F - Turbo 4.4Ghz - BX8071512400F (foramax.hu) MOBO: ASUS TUF GAMING B660M-PLUS D4 (foramax.hu))

Case and RAM from: pecsipc.hu (Case:Fractal Pop Air Black Tempered Glass White TG Clear (pecsipc.hu) RAM:Corsair 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Kit (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX White (pecsipc.hu))

SSD from: EMAG.hu (Kingston NV2 SSD meghajtó, 1TB, NVMe 2280, M.2, PCIe 4.0 - eMAG.hu)

11 minutes ago, DrakenTheHUN said:

I would change the motherboard to the Gigabyte board in order to cut cost. Other than that your build looks good ^^

1 minute ago, Why_Me said:

I would change the motherboard to the Gigabyte board in order to cut cost. Other than that your build looks good ^^

And is the 760 motherboards better? So is upgrading the b660 to a 760 mobo will be more future proof?

10 minutes ago, DrakenTheHUN said:

And is the 760 motherboards better? So is upgrading the b660 to a 760 mobo will be more future proof?

You don't have to worry about updating any bios if you ever decide to upgrade to a 13 gen cpu. 

Just now, Why_Me said:

You don't have to worry about updating any bios if you ever decide to upgrade to a 13 gen cpu. 

Im gonna look into it, the cost is fine now, i was rather interested in the build itself, it's compatibility and performance . Thanks for the help. Have a great day. 🙂 

On 1/22/2024 at 1:42 PM, Why_Me said:

Hello again. I was checking out prices on other places and came across on ebay there is multiple new 12600kf processors at the same price as the cpu i choose. It has 30 day money back guarantee. What do you think should i buy from there or not? (https://www.ebay.com/itm/186273076281?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=JhhOU92ZRpq&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY)

13 minutes ago, DrakenTheHUN said:

Hello again. I was checking out prices on other places and came across on ebay there is multiple new 12600kf processors at the same price as the cpu i choose. It has 30 day money back guarantee. What do you think should i buy from there or not? (https://www.ebay.com/itm/186273076281?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=JhhOU92ZRpq&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY)

That looks to be a decent deal ^^

10 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

That looks to be a decent deal ^^

It’s like the same price of parts picker gives me from newegg but they doesn’t ship to hungary so i think it’s legit and it costs the same as a 12400f in hungary. Also i looked into the mobo thing, do i need ddr5 or is it not worth it ? 

Just now, DrakenTheHUN said:

It’s like the same price of parts picker gives me from newegg but they doesn’t ship to hungary so i think it’s legit and it costs the same as a 12400f in hungary. Also i looked into the mobo thing, do i need ddr5 or is it not worth it ? 

If your primary use will be gaming then you can save money by going with a DDR4 build.

12 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

If your primary use will be gaming then you can save money by going with a DDR4 build.

Okay i had to ask cause i found a decent b760 board with ddr5 slot but looked at ddr5 ram prices and it was pricey as hell 😅

14 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

Nice ^^

Do i need a z chipset for overclocking? or am i good with b? 

Do i need a z chipset for overclocking? or am i good with b? 

You would need a Z790 board for that but to be honest those cpu's are clocked high out of the box.

1 minute ago, Why_Me said:

You would need a Z790 board for that but to be honest those cpu's are clocked high out of the box.

and the mobos are much higher in price, that’s a hard choice

and the mobos are much higher in price, that’s a hard choice

I would stick to the build you posted.

Just now, Why_Me said:

I would stick to the build you posted.

But then why should i buy a k version? 

Just now, DrakenTheHUN said:

But then why should i buy a k version? 

Because they don't make a locked 12 gen i5 that will boost as high as the 12600K / KF. 

Just now, Why_Me said:

Because they don't make a locked 12 gen i5 that will boost as high as the 12600K / KF. 

ohh so i understand, the k version is already “overclocked” the overclock you can do is just fine tuning. Something like that right? 

1 minute ago, DrakenTheHUN said:

ohh so i understand, the k version is already “overclocked” the overclock you can do is just fine tuning. Something like that right? 

The i5 K/KF not only boost higher than the 12400F for example but they have those four e-cores to handle background task such as Discord for example.

5 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

The i5 K/KF not only boost higher than the 12400F for example but they have those four e-cores to handle background task such as Discord for example.

ohhhh okay, now it’s clear, i looked up some other builds on pc parts picker which used the 12600kf and they all included a b chipset motherboard so now i’m okay 😅 thanks for the help again 😁