Wifi not working on Debian on my Macbook

I'm installing Debian on to my old MacBook and the wif just won't work. I've tried looking it up and watching videos but nothing seems to work. I know that my wifi adapter is a broadcom bcm 4360, does anyone know how to get it onto debian? I'm using GNOME by the way. One thing that I think I need is the correct drivers to work for linux. So if someone could reply with a link to the correct drivers and an explanation on how to make the wifi work, that would be great. Also, keep in mind that I have no way of connecting the laptop to the internet but I do have a PC with a connection and a USB stick that I can use to transfer files onto the macbook.

Well, at that point i could also just get an ethernet adapter. Is there any free way to do it with software?

The 4360 should be supported by the proprietary broadcom wl driver. https://wiki.debian.org/wl

As far as doing it offline you will have the follow the dependency tree for each package it depends on and figure out the order they need installed. It will be much simpler to connect it to Ethernet or tether a device to it such as your phone.

8 hours ago, Nayr438 said:

The 4360 should be supported by the proprietary broadcom wl driver. https://wiki.debian.org/wl

As far as doing it offline you will have the follow the dependency tree for each package it depends on and figure out the order they need installed. It will be much simpler to connect it to Ethernet or tether a device to it such as your phone.

using the phone to connect to internet is working, thank you so much!!! Now I need to get the driver installed, but you helped overcome one of my major roadblocks thus far.

I'm following a tutorial on wl - Debian Wiki and it's telling me on my machine that I don't have permission to open the file /etc/apt/sources.list which I need to add something to.

I got past that issue but i have a new one. it wants me to insert the disk labeled 'Debian GNU/Linux 12.4.0 _Bookworm_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1 with firmware 20231210-17:57' in the drive '/media/cdrom/' but idk what that is or how to do it

okay, new problem. The computer is saying that network manager needs to be running and now nothing will open

If you don’t mind using another distro, try MX and proceed as follows:

1- choose the 1st option, connect to wifi. if that works play some Youtube video 

2- if that works too, hit the Install button 

Let MX take care of everything.

13 hours ago, MrAuto said:

okay, new problem. The computer is saying that network manager needs to be running and now nothing will open

Make sure networkmanager is installed and running. https://wiki.debian.org/NetworkManager

You should be able to check its service state with

systemctl status NetworkManager