Wifi Slow Upload Speed Only on Laptop

pineappleman2

I have been having issues with my upload speed on my laptop. I have an ARRIS model: TG3452. I am the only one using this device and it has both 5g and 2.4g. I use 5g and the only difference i can see between the 2 in tests, is that 2.4g just has slower downloads. I have a very fast plan and on my mobile phone I can get 300-400 Mb/s download and around 25 Mb/s upload. However on my laptop I can get 300-350 Mb/s download and less than 1 Mb/s upload. If I enable FIBS for the wifi network the download speed is then limited to 25 Mb/s but the upload speed rises to the expected 25 Mb/s. All speed tests were done with speedof.me. If i enable random mac address it drops both upload and download speeds to around 0.5 Mb/s. And it doesn't get fixed for a while, even when I change random mac address back. FIBS also doesn't really seem to do anything until i disconnect and reconnect the wifi on my laptop. I tried to mobile hotspot my laptop to my phone (with everything default, no random mac address and no FIBS) and in my phones setting I could see the download speed was actually faster than just connecting to the wifi itself, but i was not able to actually use the wifi, probably due to the extremely low upload speed from my laptop. So if i had to guess I would assume there is some priority for download speed going on for my laptop and that is using all the bandwidth. I have a pixel 6 pro phone and my laptop is ROG Zephyrus M15 GU502LU_GU502LU.  My wifi plan is through TDS, and after calling them all they did was send me an ethernet cable, which may solve the problem, but I think my issue is software based, as my laptop supports up to 802.11ax and my modem is only 802.11ac.