F-tier Deepcool Fan Drives me Insane

PolishGod

Check the video.

My fan (Deepcool LS720 SE White) makes this noise when the speed is set at 99% or higher. Please don't tell me to keep it at as high as 98%.

I extracted the cables from the thing they sit in, loosened the screws, but it still makes this noise and I went insane for a moment.

You see the four white things going out from the center of the fan? I think it's the one with the cables (the one to the right) that is being pressed down on the fan. When I pull out circle in the middle (It is attached to the fan but not tightly) it stops making that noise for as long as I hold it.

I purchased this in june from a third party computersalg, so less than seven months ago.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/698875477720563733/1197230570510487624/IMG_0613.mov?ex=65ba82db&is=65a80ddb&hm=9ad3be788108ef17cc0933e923d22cd75b0dd6ef34d775fea2e87204c6452d2a&

Sounds like a bearing. Or possibly something in the housing(you'd need to remove the fan to check which). On the plus side, those Deepcool fans are generally pretty cheap,  either replace it with a new one or replace them all with higher quality fans. I see Deepcool and more budget oriented fans in my shop quite a bit for this issue, they can last several months or a few years but it's fairly common with them for the bearings to go. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 7:40 PM, SpookyCitrus said:

Sounds like a bearing. Or possibly something in the housing(you'd need to remove the fan to check which). On the plus side, those Deepcool fans are generally pretty cheap,  either replace it with a new one or replace them all with higher quality fans. I see Deepcool and more budget oriented fans in my shop quite a bit for this issue, they can last several months or a few years but it's fairly common with them for the bearings to go. 

What's housing and bearing?

57 minutes ago, PolishGod said:

What's housing and bearing?

Most case fans use bearings, kind of like wheel bearings to smoothly spin, the center of the fan(the circular part) is the housing which holds those bearings. If a bearing is worn out or becomes loose it can make noises. Or it could be dust or debris in the housing with the bearings. Some fans allow for oiling of the bearings, some don't. You can try either oiling the fan or as with most of these cheap fans just getting a replacement. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |