AdBlock - Webpages and YouTube Premium lag/stuttering is there a fix?

Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,
1 minute ago, mjhcsta said:

What Ad Blocker software do you recommend for me?

What was mentioned twice above. 😉

Though with Premium I just have it entirely disabled for Youtube. 

AdBlock - Webpages and YouTube lag/stuttering is there a fix?

I have been using AdBlock for many years now, No issues until a couple of days ago...

I have YouTube Premium and never had issues with AdBlock most likely cause of YouTube Premium but i fear YouTube is limiting YouTube even though i am paying for Premium... 😞

I am trying to adjust AdBlock by disabling it just for YouTube but for some reason YouTube is still running terribly,

Only when i disable AdBlock or run in Incognito mode does YouTube runs like normal,

Does anyone have advice for me what i should do in order to have YouTube on Chrome work without issues but still have AdBlock working for general Internet use?

I am also open minded to trying other Ad Blockers if there are better ones out there,

Yes, been helping people with this for over a week now. Honestly i'm amazed how many people use Adblock, I was under the impression uBlock Origin was the default standard for years now. 

I just use Premium, works great. 👍

5 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Yes, been helping people with this for over a week now. Honestly i'm amazed how many people use Adblock, I was under the impression uBlock Origin was the default standard for years now. 

I just use uBlock Origin, works great as well 😛 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I've been using YouTube Premium for any years now, issue i have is as of yesterday i am getting a tone of lag and issues because of AdBlock, it seems to defiantly be related to my Ad Blocker software,

I used to use Ad Block plus then that failed me and i moved to AdBlock and that's worked great for years but as of the last few days its causing me serious issues,

Also i cant seem to access Chiaki

https://sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki/

Is the link working for anyone else?

Again could be my AdBlock causing issues with the site loading but it appears its down???

1 minute ago, mjhcsta said:

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

See...I tried to disable it with AdBlock but it still didn't work only when it was completely disabled across all sites not just YouTube,

I'll give this UBlock a try I'll report back soon with my results

So far so good 🙂

Should  i disable it when using YouTube or leave it as?

Its currently working fine with it enabled across all sites as default but i am unable what settings manage how to disable it for YouTube alone?

Websites will change something to make ads visible. The ad blockers will update and block them. This is never-ending.   

It's actually pretty terrible. I've been paying for YouTube Premium for years. Late last night was the first time I've seen the paid experience get affected. I've also been using Adblock (the getadblock.com variety). It's been ol' faithful for many, many years. The only thing that would resolve the behaviors I was experiencing was to pause adblock on YouTube. I flipped back n' forth pausing and unpausing adblock, and was able to verify that it was indeed adblock running that was affecting it. No other sites or services was being affected. Page loads, button hovers/clicks, video loading, scrubbing, changing video quality, hovering over videos for preview, all of that was pretty borked. It's quite agitating when even as a paying user, I'm given a worse experience. I took some recordings of the behavior last night. Might have to cut it and post it.

inb4 firefox
inb4 uBlock Origin
inb4 sail the seven seas

There is no spoon.

On 1/13/2024 at 7:02 PM, mjhcsta said:

AdBlock - Webpages and YouTube lag/stuttering is there a fix?

I have been using AdBlock for many years now, No issues until a couple of days ago...

I have YouTube Premium and never had issues with AdBlock most likely cause of YouTube Premium but i fear YouTube is limiting YouTube even though i am paying for Premium... 😞

I am trying to adjust AdBlock by disabling it just for YouTube but for some reason YouTube is still running terribly,

Only when i disable AdBlock or run in Incognito mode does YouTube runs like normal,

Does anyone have advice for me what i should do in order to have YouTube on Chrome work without issues but still have AdBlock working for general Internet use?

I am also open minded to trying other Ad Blockers if there are better ones out there,

There is already a discussion ongoing on reddit, uBlock origin works perfectly fine but there are also some alternatives posted

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450