5800x3d has random temperature spikes at low utilization.

Last week I upgraded my CPU, motherboard, and cooler to the 5800X3D, Asus Tuf B550+wifi 2, and LianLi alc360. And I'm noticing that the CPU has very short spikes in temp while on my desktop. Is this behavior normal because I don't remember my 5600x spiking in temp for a split second and then ramping back down? The motherboard bios are the most recent (3405). When nothing is happening the package temp is 41c but the spikes go to 70c. Could it just be the lighting software or Chrome running at startup that is causing this? 

4 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Normal for Zen3. Moving your mouse will cause spikes, its nothing to worry about. 

if your desktop isn't 50000000fps are you even a PC enthusiast?

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

You know what I don't do anymore that's made me much happier? Having CPU and GPU (or any other) temps staring me in the face 24/7 while at my PC. I admit, I did for many years. At one point I had an entire 30" 2560x1600 monitor dedicated to HWiNFO graphs all neatly arranged. 

It's been so nice just ignoring all that, especially since ditching water cooling and never worrying about pump RPM and leaks, etc. I setup the system, stress test for worst case scenario, adjust fan curves, then just go about my business and use that desktop real estate for other more beneficial things. 

If absolutely necessary I can bend over and catch the CPU temp on my motherboards debug display. 

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

You know what I don't do anymore that's made me much happier? Having CPU and GPU (or any other) temps staring me in the face 24/7 while at my PC. I admit, I did for many years. At one point I had an entire 30" 2560x1600 monitor dedicated to HWiNFO graphs all neatly arranged.

that's me during the folding month, but with a 1280x1024 monitor

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

2 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

It's been so nice just ignoring all that, especially since ditching water cooling and never worrying about pump RPM and leaks, etc. I setup the system, stress test for worst case scenario, adjust fan curves, then just go about my business and use that desktop real estate for other more beneficial things. 

If absolutely necessary I can bend over and catch the CPU temp on my motherboards debug display. 

That's fair enough.

But I spent the last 4 days troubleshooting random black screens of death due to a poor mount the first night I attached the aio. I'm just kinda spooked that I could have fried it before I figured out what was wrong...

5 minutes ago, E2C2 said:

that I could have fried it

If it makes you feel any better unless you start going in and manually adjusting voltages, you're not going to fry anything. That just doesn't happen with modern CPU's, especially related to temperature. It will underclock itself and eventually kill power to the machine long before anything like that can happen. 

22 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

If it makes you feel any better unless you start going in and manually adjusting voltages, you're not going to fry anything. That just doesn't happen with modern CPU's, especially related to temperature. It will underclock itself and eventually kill power to the machine long before anything like that can happen. 

Can still happen if the cooling is so bad that temperature continues to increase...

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones