Sponsor complaints thread clutter

Kid.Lazer

Can we start a new topic or do something about the Sponsor Complaints Thread becoming the de facto "Asus support thread?"

I truly don't know what should be done about it (I know, the worst kind of complainer; Not happy about something, but no alternate ideas), but it's kind of annoying to have the thread cluttered with troubleshooting steps. It seem like it has turned into "I want to complain about every little thing I don't like about X product" with the only thing keeping it marginally on-topic being the manufacturer is/was a sponsor of LMG. And then that is exacerbated by an industry affiliate (in this particular case, Asus) giving advice on helping the user.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

In my monitoring of the thread, the LMG employees responsible for reading and documenting and following up are very good at it and ensuring nothing gets missed. Can things get missed? Sure. Sometimes it may take weeks or even months to have anything to update about. Its why every Friday the publish the thread about what complaints have received follow up or are receiving added attention. Ultimately it would be up to LMG, but given how prevalent the issues are with Asus, and the size/product range Asus offers, having a new thread will do little to nothing to stop the complaints. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

16 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

In my monitoring of the thread, the LMG employees responsible for reading and documenting and following up are very good at it and ensuring nothing gets missed. Can things get missed? Sure. Sometimes it may take weeks or even months to have anything to update about. Its why every Friday the publish the thread about what complaints have received follow up or are receiving added attention. Ultimately it would be up to LMG, but given how prevalent the issues are with Asus, and the size/product range Asus offers, having a new thread will do little to nothing to stop the complaints. 

I'm not saying the complaints are invalid, or even that they shouldn't be there. It's more so how the thread devolves into support for a single person, which isn't the purpose of the thread. For instance:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1428939-lmg-sponsor-complaints/?do=findComment&comment=16278621
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1428939-lmg-sponsor-complaints/?do=findComment&comment=16276361

These 2 are replies on a quick search that don't contribute to the purpose of the thread. To be clear, I'm ok with an Asus rep being on the forum giving help (however hilariously robotic the responses may be), but that kind of direct troubleshooting doesn't belong in that particular thread, in my opinion.

So I guess my question boils down to this: since I feel it doesn't belong, should I simply report it as being in the wrong sub-forum (or something similar), then let you Mods decide?

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

3 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

I'm not saying the complaints are invalid, or even that they shouldn't be there. It's more so how the thread devolves into support for a single person, which isn't the purpose of the thread. For instance:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1428939-lmg-sponsor-complaints/?do=findComment&comment=16278621
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1428939-lmg-sponsor-complaints/?do=findComment&comment=16276361

These 2 are replies on a quick search that don't contribute to the purpose of the thread. To be clear, I'm ok with an Asus rep being on the forum giving help (however hilariously robotic the responses may be), but that kind of direct troubleshooting doesn't belong in that particular thread, in my opinion.

So I guess my question boils down to this: since I feel it doesn't belong, should I simply report it as being in the wrong sub-forum (or something similar), then let you Mods decide?

So from my understanding of what you're stating is that by Asus coming here and providing support to problems people have and bring up by NOT getting support when they try and obtain it via official channels is not ok?

The purpose of the Sponsor complaint thread is for when all normal avenues fail like email, web support, phone calls etc, to then call them out for what is perceived as bad support on the product. By Asus having a rep come here and at least attempt to acknowledge customers issues/complaints and maybe provide some level of support/help, I don't see any problem? 

I can assure you when things are not in line with the spirit and rules of the thread, it does get removed. This just happened last weekend. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

4 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

So from my understanding of what you're stating is that by Asus coming here and providing support to problems people have and bring up by NOT getting support when they try and obtain it via official channels is not ok?

Then you should re-read what I wrote. I think I made it pretty clear that they can offer support.

4 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

To be clear, I'm ok with an Asus rep being on the forum giving help

My point was that it essentially turned into a troubleshooting response. And the general etiquette in a troubleshooting thread is to NOT hijack and make it your own. It just feels like it's not the right place for them to offer singular support. And I'll say it again since we keep missing this point: they can (and should) offer support. I'm not disagreeing with that. AT ALL. It's the place that I'm questioning.

But if after all that I'm still wrong (which is fine; I'm not in charge or making demands), then I'll just drop it. I was just asking a question.

Primary Gaming Rig:

HTPC/Gaming Rig: