PCVR “budget” specs ?

ickyvicky125
Go to solution Solved by venomtail,

If motherboard is good enough then upgrade just the CPU. I had a similar GPU (5600XT) and the moment I upgraded to 5800X3D from my 2700X the GPU could finally spreads its legs. If motherboard is good enough just add more RAM. 1080TI should still be plenty and if you're running into VRAM issues first lower then texture quality. Once you're on low/no longer find it pretty only then consider a GPU upgrade.

Hey everybody! So I have the meta quest 3 . I want to get into PCVR however I do not know how much VRAM would be overkill or not enough. I want something that is at least equivalent or better than the standalone quest 3 . I do not care about playing at max settings.

My current build is an oldie. 1080ti with a ryzen 2700 and 32 Gigs of ram. I would assume by now I should upgrade and if so to what? Thank you . I’m open to building a pc myself or getting any prebuilds under 800 if possible 

If motherboard is good enough then upgrade just the CPU. I had a similar GPU (5600XT) and the moment I upgraded to 5800X3D from my 2700X the GPU could finally spreads its legs. If motherboard is good enough just add more RAM. 1080TI should still be plenty and if you're running into VRAM issues first lower then texture quality. Once you're on low/no longer find it pretty only then consider a GPU upgrade.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

Agreed, the 1080ti should be fine for VR, especially if comparing to "budget builds". Look to the CPU first. I had a 2070S until this past summer, which isn't that far off of the 1080, and it still performed admirably in VR. I was very happy with it.

3 hours ago, venomtail said:

I appreciate the response! Thank you ! I’ll do exactly that ! 🙂