Looking for Livestream camera for RC Track

Hi All

I have a rather tricky situation, I'm trying to put in a better live camera at an indoor RC race track.

Currently I have 2 Nexigo N980P cameras set up (only use 1 at a time)

View 1:

View 2:

The one for View 2 is up in the ceiling and run via a USB over ethernet powered extender to the streaming computer, view 1 is mounted on a pole adjacent to the streaming computer. I am trying to get away from ceiling cameras as they are enormous pains to set up needing power for the extender, the extenders causing USB issues that make the cameras disconnect over long enough time periods, and a lift not always being around to access if I want to make changes or just dust the damn thing.

I am looking for a wide angle camera that can do 60fps 1080p needs 60fps 100% due to the fast motion and needs to be wide angle to not cut off huge portions of the track due to limited mounting locations.

Webcams I've searched high and low and getting both 60FPS and wide angle is very rare

I've tried a Gopro and while it provides the features it is terrible for live, their Webcam support is basically nonexistent and using HDMI to a capture card with their media mod dies after a couple hours on the Gopro 8 I got to test.

This needs to be fairly hands off the stream is basically unmonitored recording and getting the Race Directors to remember to hit record in XSplit is already hard enough for them.

Cheap DSLRs or mirrorless have a hard time hitting wide enough angles and its a big cost to buy one and have it not work, my best lead at the moment is other action camera brands like Insta360, DJI, or SJCAM for really cheap. https://www.sjcam.com/cameras/action-cameras/ 

Thanks

i'm not too well versed in the camera space, but for the ceiling camera it might make sense to grab some wide FOV security camera that connects with ethernet and PoE. there's ways to put network video sources in OBS, but once again.. i'm fussy on the details.

41 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'm not too well versed in the camera space, but for the ceiling camera it might make sense to grab some wide FOV security camera that connects with ethernet and PoE. there's ways to put network video sources in OBS, but once again.. i'm fussy on the details.

I looked at security cameras briefly and while they look great for reliability I always have a hard time finding higher frame rates, unless I'm looking in the wrong places.