12 inch Screen or panel and driver recommendations needed for CRT conversion to an AIO

I need to find a 12inch screen, so looking for pointers as I am struggling. 

20240105_121748.thumb.jpg.59f67274bb27ddbe41e04dc453202dbe.jpg

I'm building what could be considered an all in one.

I have my granddad's old CRT that was bought in 1971 or 72 and is a 12 inch 5:4 black and white unit. I used to play mega drive on this when I was little and I want to breathe some life into it instead of putting it into landfill as it's been around longer than I have. I've built a cheap and cheerful micro atx i5/gt980 pc for emulation, and 3d printed board mounts and fan shrouds etc.

I need a non industrial/pos (point of sale- not piece of $hit!) screen as I want decent colour and contrast etc to fit the aperture which is 8x10 inches with an almost 12 inch diagonal. Best fit so far has been something like the surface pro 4 display (12 inch 3x2) but finding a hdmi/dvi driver board is near impossible. I've been looking at tablet screens as I can't find anything else that fits in terms of size, reasonable resolution and most importantly screen ratio. I originally posted in r/buildapc but I need more detailed recommendations and can't post images there so I'm spreading the net in the hope that someone has an idea...20240105_122803.thumb.jpg.ac2c2784a7811b78cc75465726e8b0a4.jpg Any help is appreciated.

I'm not an expert on these things, but could you use the CRT? They have that really cool classic look and if you can find the right output from the PC couldn't that work? I'm probably wrong.

I try to be respectful. If I ever come off in a different manner, I probably don't mean to. If I don't help you sorry, if I do, mark my comment as the solution. 

That's a really shitty case for a CRT TV ... you can find cases in better quality if you want to make some mods. 

You can buy 10.1" lcd displays with the drivers for under $100 : https://www.newegg.com/nexanic-s101-10-1-hd/p/0JC-00CD-00042?Item=9SIAH5NGEB5622

Resolution kinda sucks though, it's only 1024x600 

You can buy bare lcd panels at companies that sell electronic components, for example here:  https://www.digikey.com/short/rb7099fp

But you need controllers, like a universal lvds display driver board (or maybe MIPI but they're rarer) if you don't have a motherboard with raw lvds output from video card 

2 hours ago, Wardus said:

I'm not an expert on these things, but could you use the CRT? They have that really cool classic look and if you can find the right output from the PC couldn't that work? I'm probably wrong.

It no longer functions, but even if it did it's a black and white tube, of particularly bad 'resolution', the beam grating is more prominent than the image, and the contrast was hilariously bad, which for b&w set is not good news lol. The reason for the crt delete is to make room for the sff build to fit, as this grotty box is my childhood Saturday mornings in a physical item.

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

That's a really shitty case for a CRT TV ... you can find cases in better quality if you want to make some mods. 

You can buy 10.1" lcd displays with the drivers for under $100 : https://www.newegg.com/nexanic-s101-10-1-hd/p/0JC-00CD-00042?Item=9SIAH5NGEB5622

Resolution kinda sucks though, it's only 1024x600 

You can buy bare lcd panels at companies that sell electronic components, for example here:  https://www.digikey.com/short/rb7099fp

But you need controllers, like a universal lvds display driver board (or maybe MIPI but they're rarer) if you don't have a motherboard with raw lvds output from video card 

Yeah, 1024x1200 would be an ideal middle ground, as I'm happy to tinker with an iPad screen and get a driver board to hdmi, but realistically I'm mostly bothered about preserving the exterior, and finding a screen that fits in the aperture that will be left by the internals and tube etc being removed. With a bit of 3d printing and a harvested and chopped elitedesk case I've got the pc running on the bench, and whilst I could put it in any case, the sentimental value of this is more important. The digikey displays seem fit for a purpose, but don't come close to using something like a replacement tablet panel or Lenovo X1 screen with a board- if I can find them.