Fractal R4 Bottom Optical Drive

Wilson

Hey guys,

I was just wondering I have the Fractal R4 in hand with my new 4770k build, but I'm running into a really odd issue.

(Nothing wrong with the case.)

Just the design of the lower optical drive.. I see that if you want to use the 5.25" bay, then you'll twist off the whole plate, but my problem is that I want to use the lower bracket for a 3.5" card reader... Can you guys explain to me why it's there, but I don't see any screws or mounting brackets for this said bay..?

Thanks!

-Wilson

I thought there's only one plate for the lower 5.25 slot, it can either be popped out for 5.25 or rip the little, or rip the inner rectangle out and make it into a 3.5 slot.

Right, so I ripped the inner rectangle... Now what? Lol, how do I mount my card reader into the slot? No screws what so ever, but if I get a 5.25" mount, then I gotta rip the whole plate off anyways... What's the reason for it? Lol.

Right, so I ripped the inner rectangle... Now what? Lol, how do I mount my card reader into the slot? No screws what so ever, but if I get a 5.25" mount, then I gotta rip the whole plate off anyways... What's the reason for it? Lol.

well it can hold both. the 5.25 above and the 3.5 below. i dont know how they expect you to mount it though, just use some tape and legos or something, i guess they included the option for looks lol..