Microsoft Adds Copilot Key to Keyboard Specs

Nimoy007
20 hours ago, WereCat said:

I use win+shift+s instead of PrintScreen as I don't have to move my hand across the keyboard to the right or let go of my mouse.

Same, my 75% keyboard doesn't even have a PrntScr button.

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

20 hours ago, WereCat said:

I use win+shift+s instead of PrintScreen as I don't have to move my hand across the keyboard to the right or let go of my mouse.

7 minutes ago, PowerPCFan said:

Same, my 75% keyboard doesn't even have a PrntScr button.

Snipping Tool is just plain better than PrintScr anyway. It has most of the important features you'd get from a third party screen capture tool. (Most importantly, the ability to capture just one window or a selection from the screen. That's so much more convenient than pasting a full-screen screenshot into an image editor and then cropping it down.)

PrintScr is a relic of a bygone era, where it would dump your current screen of text to the printer. It literally meant "Print Screen".

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Snipping Tool is just plain better than PrintScr anyway. It has most of the important features you'd get from a third party screen capture tool. (Most importantly, the ability to capture just one window or a selection from the screen. That's so much more convenient than pasting a full-screen screenshot into an image editor and then cropping it down.)

PrintScr is a relic of a bygone era, where it would dump your current screen of text to the printer. It literally meant "Print Screen".

I think the've recently updated PrintScr to automatically open SnippingTool because I just tried it and it does work like that.

But I have the same issue as @PowerPCFan that I have to use Fn+P because of my small keyboard to open it. May as well just stick to my muscle memory 😄 

9 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I think the've recently updated PrintScr to automatically open SnippingTool because I just tried it and it does work like that.

But I have the same issue as @PowerPCFan that I have to use Fn+P because of my small keyboard to open it. May as well just stick to my muscle memory 😄 

When I had my old 100% keboard, I would do Windows+Print Screen which does an immediate fullscreen screenshot. But correct, now just pressing printscr opens Snipping Tool, just like Win+Shift+S.

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx

16 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

True. 

1 hour ago, PowerPCFan said:

True. 

Just react to the post next time if you're going to quote 2 paragraphs and reply with an affirmation. 

Engineer, electronics enthusiast, maker. My devices/tech:

Spoiler

Desktop (Main): i7-7700k/EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090/32" Curved QLED monitor

Desktop (HTPC): Ryzen 3-3200G/RX 580

Handheld: ASUS ROG Ally Z1 Extreme

Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 Advantage

VR: Quest 2

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Dev Boards: TI MSP430/Arduino Uno/Raspberry Pi 4/esp32

Sound: Sony WH-1000XM4, HyperX Quadcast

Camera: Sony a6300 w/ 18-135mm kit lens

1 hour ago, PowerPCFan said:

Copilot will probably be like Microsoft Edge - there is a way to remove it, but it's extremely precise, difficult, and time-consuming! 

And they regularly update things to make it harder and harder to remove it.

1 minute ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

And they regularly update things to make it harder and harder to remove it.

yeah, every time someone finds a registry hack or something for these things, Microsoft releases an "emergency quick fix update!!" that reinstalls what you spent days removing.