BIOS resets after enabling XMP

Hi,

I Recently updated my BIOS to Version F62a and cant enable XMP on my RAM to 3000MHz

whenever i set my XMP profile, the BIOS is Resetting to default after reboot and RAM is set to 2133MHz.

I have also tried to manually change the multiplier in the BIOS but ended up in same situation.

the RAM I am using is of 2 different versions but same model number but the chips are from different manufacturers (Micron and Samsung)

RAM is installed in the 2nd and 4th slots from the CPU socket but HWinfo shows it as Row 2 and 3 (pic included)

My PC Specs:

AMD R7 2700x with Cooler Master 120mm AIO

Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming X470 MoBo

RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8GB (included pic)

Geforce RTX 3080 Founders Edition

Antec 750W 80+ Bronze PSU

Thanks in advance

RAM 1.png

RAM 2.png

RAM.jpeg

RAM 3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Rookie6962 said:

Hi,

I Recently updated my BIOS to Version F62a and cant enable XMP on my RAM to 3000MHz

whenever i set my XMP profile, the BIOS is Resetting to default after reboot and RAM is set to 2133MHz.

I have also tried to manually change the multiplier in the BIOS but ended up in same situation.

the RAM I am using is of 2 different versions but same model number but the chips are from different manufacturers (Micron and Samsung)

RAM is installed in the 2nd and 4th slots from the CPU socket but HWinfo shows it as Row 2 and 3 (pic included)

My PC Specs:

AMD R7 2700x with Cooler Master 120mm AIO

Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming X470 MoBo

RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8GB (included pic)

Geforce RTX 3080 Founders Edition

Antec 750W 80+ Bronze PSU

Thanks in advance

Yes the profile isn't the same for the two sticks. You should be able to set memory frequency, dram voltage and primary timings, these, in BIOS while XMP is off:

image.png.4534db0cca7b62aa77796f89d67f992c.png

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

42 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yes the profile isn't the same for the two sticks. You should be able to set memory frequency, dram voltage and primary timings, these, in BIOS while XMP is off:

image.png.4534db0cca7b62aa77796f89d67f992c.png

Did this

CPU Z shows freq of 1499MHz on one stick and Task manager shows 3000MHz

I have set the tRC in BIOS as 59 but CPU Z and HWinfo show it is 70

is this right?

RAM 4.png

7 minutes ago, Rookie6962 said:

Did this

I have set the tRC in BIOS as 59 but CPU Z and HWinfo show it is 70

is this right?

Yes DDR (RAM) stands for Double Data Rate = 1500mhz *2 =3000mhz.

Just leave tRC at auto

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

27 minutes ago, Rookie6962 said:

Yes that is fine. The RAM is running at 1499 MHz, which translates to ~3000 MT/s, which is incorrectly marketed as 3000 MHz. DDR means the RAM can do two transactions per clock cycle, so it is effectively as fast as SDR RAM running at 3000 MHz, but the correct terminology would be MT/s not MHz.

Simply put, CPU-Z shows the actual physical clock speed, while task manager shows the "effective" clock speed.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

5 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

Yes that is fine. The RAM is running at 1499 MHz, which translates to ~3000 MT/s, which is incorrectly marketed as 3000 MHz. DDR means the RAM can do two transactions per clock cycle, so it is effectively as fast as SDR RAM running at 3000 MHz, but the correct terminology would be MT/s not MHz.

Simply put, CPU-Z shows the actual physical clock speed, while task manager shows the "effective" clock speed.

thanks @DoctorNick and @Eigenvektor

@DoctorNick It is still resetting after turning the power off or not using the PC for a day.

• 2 weeks later...

somebody please help with this issue

is it a known bug in the BIOS ?