Question about adding a second power button in dual system build

So I'm in the process of ordering a new case and itx build in a phatenks case that supports dual systems. I just thought of something as I was going through the manual of the motherboard I decided on. I'm going to be using a motherboard splitter and my power supply has an extra 8pin cpu connection. Everyone seems to say this is safe. So as I was looking at the manuals I realized that the case I bought only has one power button. They sell one on Amazon. I'm just wondering, since they aren't synchronized, if I turn on my main system with the case button and then turn on the itx board a few seconds later, is it going to damage the itx board if it's getting power when it's not expecting it? 

there an atx pus cable the turns both on, or you can use the reset button for the other system.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

13 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

there an atx pus cable the turns both on, or you can use the reset button for the other system.

Could you give me a little more detail on what you mean exactly? I would prefer one that turns both on at once. I'm going to use a motherboard splitter and someone on another thread on here said if you do that you have to cut the power on wire from one of the motherboards. I just really don't want to mess this up it could be a really expensive mistake.

4 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

Could you give me a little more detail on what you mean exactly? I would prefer one that turns both on at once. I'm going to use a motherboard splitter and someone on another thread on here said if you do that you have to cut the power on wire from one of the motherboards. I just really don't want to mess this up it could be a really expensive mistake.

https://www.amazon.ca/Traodin-Cables-Supply-Adapter-Motherboard/dp/B08TWH88M8/ref=sr_1_6?crid=S0A6QHIOYI4N&keywords=dual+atx+psu&qid=1704334343&sprefix=atx+psu+du%2Caps%2C151&sr=8-6

i dont see why you cant just split the power button cable to power both on 🤷‍♂️

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

ok ill exsplane a bit more incase others read this.

so the power switch is a monetary switch meaning you push it in it completes the cercet. when released it brakes it. so its on for a second. that sends small amount of power thow the mb and crosses ground to the green 24pin on the psu witch turns its on. this dule psu atx cable dose the same thing when the green wire from the first pc turns on it also sends power to the second psu also turning it on. or you can split the power cable and send it to 2 pcs i would think that be just fine...🤷‍♂️

or use the rest switch for the other pc. or other ways of powering it on like pcie card and remote or pci slot button or a 5.25 bay switch or drilling another hole and adding another switch some were or a desk button. posably there a way to turn it on from lan but i have no idea how that works beleave is wake on lan in the bios.