A Plague Tale: Innocence FREE on the Epic Game Store

Poinkachu

A Plague Tale: Innocence

The first installment of the Plague Tale series,

Follow the grim tale of young Amicia and her little brother Hugo, in a heartrending journey through the darkest hours of history. Hunted by Inquisition soldiers and surrounded by unstoppable swarms of rats, they will come to know and trust each other.

93% very positive review on Steam

image.thumb.png.a93210eaf7dbc73ec7308a6374cc21b1.png

Just holding the fort until @Paul Rudd is back 馃槢

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

6 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

A Plague Tale: Innocence

The first installment of the Plague Tale series,

Follow the grim tale of young Amicia and her little brother Hugo, in a heartrending journey through the darkest hours of history. Hunted by Inquisition soldiers and surrounded by unstoppable swarms of rats, they will come to know and trust each other.

93% very positive review on Steam

image.thumb.png.a93210eaf7dbc73ec7308a6374cc21b1.png

Just holding the fort until @Paul Rudd is back 馃槢

Decent game. Its quite repetitive and the little kid is so annoying I couldn't finish the game.. But it aint bad 馃槢

Just now, Hinjima said:

Decent game. Its quite repetitive and the little kid is so annoying I couldn't finish the game.. But it aint bad 馃槢

I only played Requiem, well at least half of it. Stopped launching it and never had that pull to finish it. Come to think of it, that kids voice did get real annoying lol

41 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

39 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I only played Requiem, well at least half of it. Stopped launching it and never had that pull to finish it. Come to think of it, that kids voice did get real annoying lol

Hahaha ya, Hugo's voice is something else. They hired a (back then) 7y old kid to voice him. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm10691806/
But I'd say the story writing is quite fine, fucking grim & heart rending though. Especially on the latter part of the story.

Repetitive-ness sake, at the very least it's way less than Assassin's Creed IMO.

As for the puzzle, well.... I really don't expect much from nowadays game's puzzle, unless it really is a puzzle type game. 馃槀

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

I was considering to buy this on sale on Steam but now that it's free on Epic I'm still not gonna play it

One of my favorites games ever, Requiem is better but that's mostly down to the bigger budget. I remember watching TheRadBrad play through it and a few episodes in I couldn't take it anymore, I've got to play the game myself.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800聽- RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta聽- Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

Setup:聽Zowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro -聽Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X聽- Mackie CR5X's -聽

Current build on PCPartPicker

19 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

Just holding the fort until @Paul Rudd is back

Read this, I stopped posting about Epic freebies 4 years ago.

I also stopped updating the blog around Epic freebie #202.

Another reason I stopped posting about Epic freebies is because they're always leaked well before they are given out. For example, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy will be free in a half hour and next Thusdays freebie will be Sail Forth and the Thursday after that it will be a game called LOVE.

Sometimes I do post about Epic freebies that take place outside of every Thursday, as mentioned here...

25 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

Read this, I stopped posting about Epic freebies 4 years ago.

I also stopped updating the blog around Epic freebie #202.

Another reason I stopped posting about Epic freebies is because they're always leaked well before they are given out. For example, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy will be free in a half hour and next Thusdays freebie will be Sail Forth and the Thursday after that it will be a game called LOVE.

Sometimes I do post about Epic freebies that take place outside of every Thursday, as mentioned here...

Sure, noted.

Refresh before you reply

On 1/3/2024 at 7:58 PM, GuiltySpark_ said:

On 1/3/2024 at 8:14 PM, Poinkachu said:

Hahaha ya, Hugo's voice is something else. They hired a (back then) 7y old kid to voice him. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm10691806/
But I'd say the story writing is quite fine, fucking grim & heart rending though. Especially on the latter part of the story.

Repetitive-ness sake, at the very least it's way less than Assassin's Creed IMO.

As for the puzzle, well.... I really don't expect much from nowadays game's puzzle, unless it really is a puzzle type game. 馃槀

I actually LOVED the first game. I didn't find it repetitive at all and got very hooked by the story. However, I played it in French, which is my native language, and in the French version at least Hugo's voice is pretty normal.聽It actually makes a lot of sense since the story takes place in French. The only issue is that the English soldiers also speak French, which doesn't make any sense.

Call me a nerd but I play all my games in the language of the country where the story takes place. So I played the Assassin's Creed games in so many languages over the years...

45 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

I actually LOVED the first game. I didn't find it repetitive at all and got very hooked by the story. However, I played it in French, which is my native language, and in the French version at least Hugo's voice is pretty normal.聽It actually makes a lot of sense since the story takes place in French. The only issue is that the English soldiers also speak French, which doesn't make any sense.

Call me a nerd but I play all my games in the language of the country where the story takes place. So I played the Assassin's Creed games in so many languages over the years...

I see, googled about it just now.

Yea, for the french version Hugo has a deeper voice, at least less high pitched.

Though for Amicia case, the french version is more girly and high pitched. And somewhat more "little kid" than the English one.

Refresh before you reply