NH-D15 Cooler inside the Fractal North Temperd glas version

NH-D15 Cooler inside the Fractal North glas panel. 

Can anyone help me if this is compatible?

Schermafbeelding 2024-01-03 185911.png

Schermafbeelding 2024-01-03 185938.png

If your RAM has clearance and you can keep both fans at the same height, you will have NO issues. My last work build, I had to move the fan up slightly to leave space for my RAM and there is literally 0mm of play between the glass panel and the fan.

If you're into "aesthetics", you probably wont want to move the fan up anyways as it does look off, so this is likely a non-issue. I'd say first make sure you have RAM that can fit under the fan if possible.

The maximum height in that case for a CPU Cooler is 150mm, the NH-D15 is 168mm. So by the spec sheets listed it should not fit, however, they are listed as compatible in pcpartpicker.com. I haven't used the North before so no idea. It technically appears to fit with only one fan installed and is completely dependent on the ram installed. If you leave the center fan installed it will not allow for the side panel to be installed on the case.

For future reference you can use PCpartpicker.com and it will automatically sort compatibility.

Edit: I am still waking up and misread the compatibility list portion about w/ with out a fan bracket. 170mm is the max CPU clearance, the NH-D15 should fit just fine. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

6 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The maximum height in that case for a CPU Cooler is 150mm, the NH-D15 is 168mm. So no, it will not fit in that case with the side panel on.

This is not true. Refer to my prior post.

edit: photo

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fd16a4d46493596b19420c9aac7f5f83.png

8 minutes ago, NinJake said:

This is not true. Refer to my prior post.

So, my bad I'm tired and didn't read it properly. But the max CPU cooler clearance is 170mm.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

It's all good. I'm just curious where you got those specs from. The image I posted (edited in my last post) is directly from the Fractal Design website. @SpookyCitrus

Just now, NinJake said:

It's all good. I'm just curious where you got those specs from. The image I posted (edited in my last post) is directly from the Fractal Design website. @SpookyCitrus

I was reading the compatibility list in the OP, I didn't see your photo linked until after as it doesn't update for other users unless they refresh. And in the OP I misunderstood the with or without bracket part as I have just woke up and am still dusting off the cobwebs, lol. Reading it now more closely, I see where I messed up.

to OP:

@MR_Jones

Ultimately the answer is, yes it will work. But you should verify 2 things at minimum:

-Will you be using the included bracket? (Likely no)

-Will you need to move the fans "up" to have RAM clearance (likely yes), and are you OK with this fact?

(you may be able to find some super low clearance RAM, but most of them these days have larger heat sinks on or RGB)

Noctua has a Case compatibility list on their website

Here you go.

https://ncc.noctua.at/cases/model/Fractal-Design-North-4287

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

23 minutes ago, MR_Jones said:

thx guys

As an owner of 2 NH-D15s currently, finding low profile ram isn't a big deal, it's just standard stuff.  

Also keep in mind the fans included, are a 120mm pattern, so you could use 120mm fans if you wanted to gain some space, particularly on the RAM side. 

On my son's PC we used 120mm fans not for clearance, but because my son wanted the RGB, and to keep all the fans the same. Here you can see the 120mm fans are even with the top of the NH-D15, and could easily be moved up quite a bit. 

p500a.jpg

Not that this would clear huge heatsinks, but it would still gain you some space if needed.