Capacitor type device for PC?

So does a device exist that can take in power from the outlet, store it like a battery, provide the needed power to A PC, monitor, etc. But use the battery to equalize or prevent spikes from power usage and prevent breakers from being tripped from my 3 monitors and flagship PC setup? Do they make UPS's for this?

18 minutes ago, NortheastBreeze said:

So does a device exist that can take in power from the outlet, store it like a battery, provide the needed power to A PC, monitor, etc. But use the battery to equalize or prevent spikes from power usage and prevent breakers from being tripped from my 3 monitors and flagship PC setup? Do they make UPS's for this?

Various companies make UPS's the combine the Surge Protection and (power) Line Conditioning you seem to be after. APC (aka Schnieder Electric) is one of the more reputable companies making consumer to professional electrical equipment.
https://www.apc.com/ca/en/product-category/88972-uninterruptible-power-supply-ups/

However, UPS's are NOT a suitable replacement for hiring an electrician to ensure your home's electrical circuitry is up to code. If your home's wiring can't handle the load, you'll want to hire an electrician before your house burns down.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

34 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Various companies make UPS's the combine the Surge Protection and (power) Line Conditioning you seem to be after. APC (aka Schnieder Electric) is one of the more reputable companies making consumer to professional electrical equipment.
https://www.apc.com/ca/en/product-category/88972-uninterruptible-power-supply-ups/

However, UPS's are NOT a suitable replacement for hiring an electrician to ensure your home's electrical circuitry is up to code. If your home's wiring can't handle the load, you'll want to hire an electrician before your house burns down.

Yeah they don't really do what the OP wants, which seems to be clamp the input current into the UPS and provide any burst over that from the battery.  I'd think a UPS by its nature will have a higher input current than output, so the complete opposite of what they want, as once the battery needs charging you have the load of the devices connected AND the battery charging.

In theory such a thing is possible but I doubt anyone makes such a device unless its something rather industrial that would cost more than hiring an electrician to put another circuit in.  Plus it wouldn't necessarily help as I doubt all the load is entirely from those devices, its combined with the load of other devices on the same circuit that is pushing it over the circuit limit.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Pay an electrician to either

• upgrade the circuit in your room to 20A
  • add an outlet in your room but connected to a different circuit

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |