Network labeled as offline even though it has internet access

Viktor277

Tried reinstalling drivers and checking for windows updates, tried different access points but the problem still persists. Youtube and normal web browsing works but spotify and steam don't, etc. Any solutions? Over archer ac 600 nano adapter. This is the status of the network, troubleshooter can't seem to find anything wrong with this either. So, internet works, but it's labeled as offline for some reason.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 163907.png

Windows 10 or 11 ?

Windows is not helping anyone with the way it handles networks and connections. The Not connected to any networks can mean your Ethernet port is not connected but it also can mean that you did not configure a private or public network when first connecting to your router.

One way to maybe do a quick fix is to change the SSID of your router and connect to that new wifi connection. Make sure you create a private or public network when prompted and see if it solves your issue.

If nothing works, maybe you have some corrupt files and you need to reinstall Windows. 

Good luck !

6 minutes ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

Windows 10 or 11 ?

Windows is not helping anyone with the way it handles networks and connections. The Not connected to any networks can mean your Ethernet port is not connected but it also can mean that you did not configure a private or public network when first connecting to your router.

One way to maybe do a quick fix is to change the SSID of your router and connect to that new wifi connection. Make sure you create a private or public network when prompted and see if it solves your issue.

If nothing works, maybe you have some corrupt files and you need to reinstall Windows. 

Good luck !

It's on WIndows 11 and i haven't touched anything on the pc and it just decided not to work properly today. Never created any public or private connections just let it do its thing automatically and has always worked that way.

1 minute ago, Viktor277 said:

It's on WIndows 11 and i haven't touched anything on the pc and it just decided not to work properly today. Never created any public or private connections just let it do its thing automatically and has always worked that way.

If you did nothing and the issue happened by itself, then it is something that you have no control over that happened. Like an automatic update or a router configuration change.

so you have a wifi network connected that says no internet, and that means the network you are connected too have problem accessing the servers windows checks for internet access.. try rebooting your router. or contact your provider. 

50 minutes ago, Robchil said:

so you have a wifi network connected that says no internet, and that means the network you are connected too have problem accessing the servers windows checks for internet access.. try rebooting your router. or contact your provider. 

I already said that i tried multiple access points and it behaves the same.

4 minutes ago, Viktor277 said:

I already said that i tried multiple access points and it behaves the same.

does other devices on the same network have the same problem? 

8 minutes ago, Robchil said:

does other devices on the same network have the same problem? 

Nope only this pc, on my laptop everything works fine

13 minutes ago, Viktor277 said:

Nope only this pc, on my laptop everything works fine

i've had users with issues like this..  and had different solutions..  

reinstalling drivers, usually only nic drivers but also chipset.  

ipconfig /flushdns

resetting nic. 

deleting wifi network and reaquire it. 

worst one was reinstalling ... but it was faster then trying to solve issue. 😄