Dungeon Generation with 3 wide doors

Zalosath

Hi,

I'm trying to make a dungeon generator and I'm running into infinite issues. What I've tried:

• Randomly generate rooms, place them around, find center points, pathfind from each room to another
    • Issues
      • Sometimes has no connections to some rooms
      • Corridors are windy and long
  • Delaunay triangulation, minimum spanning tree, connect with pathfinding
    • Issues
      • Long and windy corridors
      • Corridors are only 1 wide
  • Some concoction of generating a room, adding its sides to a stack, then generating more rooms from those sides
    • Issues
      • Could not figure out how to connect rooms with 3 wide doors (it got very complicated, very quickly)
    • Positives
      • No corridors

Based on the above, you can probably gather that I'd like a generator ideally has no corridors, and has a nice obvious progression structure, like the following example

0xIJ4MJ.png?ex=65a08563&is=658e1063&hm=3

I've also looked into BSP, following a guide like this:
https://medium.com/@guribemontero/dungeon-generation-using-binary-space-trees-47d4a668e2d0

But it leaves out a lot of nice to have information.

If anyone has any tips, ideas, or something I can base the generator on, please let me know!

Main PC [ CPU AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D with H150i ELITE CAPPELIX  GPU Nvidia 3090 FE  MBD ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A  RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB@5600MHz  PSU HX1000i  Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic  Monitor LG UltraGear 1440p 32" Nano IPS@180Hz  Keyboard Keychron Q6 with Kailh Box Switch Jade  Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight  Microphone Shure SM7B with Cloudlifter & GoXLR ]

Server [ CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G  GPU Intel ARC A380  RAM Corsair VEGEANCE LPX 64GB  Storage 16TB EXOS ]

Phone [ Google Pixel 8 Pro, 256GB, Snow ]