Need help ID’ing a switch

aisle9
Go to solution Solved by GarlicDeliverySystem,

Found something that looks like it, but the description would indicate it is a lighter linear switch. 45gf is more like Cherry or Gateron Reds.

https://www.monstargears.com/1291362592/?idx=647

Could be an older switch they discontinued or made for another brand's keyboard.

Definitely Akko, pink stem, white bottom housing, clear top. 3-pin. Strong linear, feels somewhere between a Gateron yellow and a Cherry black. I can’t find any on Akko’s site that look like it, so I’m wondering if this is an old switch or a one-off made for OEMs only?

IMG_7999.thumb.jpeg.a3c74620243fde756232d747291c0144.jpegIMG_7998.thumb.jpeg.9917f4bc1b0cd83f4e79e42d16482cf8.jpeg

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 minutes ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

Can you give us a sharp image of the markings on the top housing? What does it say?

I wish. My camera's not that sharp. It says AKKO, all caps

Edit: I lied

IMG_8001.thumb.jpeg.0d18053f34836592d5f7b74be99bc1b3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

Lol, I can see it in the switch tester they are advertising, but not in their catalogue on its own. Sadly no name for it, or I am blind.

https://akkogear.de/en/collections/switches/products/akko-x-monsgeek-16-key-switch-tester (top row, second from the left looks like it).

"Some switches may come in different versions in different batches."

Huh, I was kind of thinking that maybe these are some sort of early run rose red switch, but the rose red switch page specifically says "more responsive than Akko Pink". Makes me think that maybe there was an Akko pink switch, replaced by rose reds, and that pink switch is what's in here. It definitely makes sense. The rose red has an actuation force of 43gf. The Gateron milky yellow has a force of 50gf. The only thing I can't line up there is that these feel a little heavier than a Gateron milky yellow, but these also have thick double-shot PBT on them and my milky yellow board has a light shine-through ABS.

I don't know. Maybe the Akko Pink had an actuation force closer to that of a Cherry black? I might have to just ask Akko. Whatever these are, they are smooth as butter (and maybe not even lubed?), and if I can get my hands on a slightly lighter version of them, I will be a very happy typist.

4 minutes ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

Found something that looks like it, but the description would indicate it is a lighter linear switch. 45gf is more like Cherry or Gateron Reds.

https://www.monstargears.com/1291362592/?idx=647

Could be an older switch they discontinued or made for another brand's keyboard.

Definitely looks like it. Maybe it really is just the heavier keycaps or a long travel distance. I have some testing to do with these switches tonight. Thanks for your help