pc kinda broke

pcbrok

HI there!聽
Ive been having some problems with my pc for the past 6-8 months and i cant figure it out so i came here for help, since im not very familiar with pc's聽馃檪

When im particular games playing my pc will randomly shutdown and startup again, ive tried reinstalling windows and what not but to no avail, im 100% sure its one of my components...

I think its worth noting that its only some games it shutdown in, like War Thunder, CS2, Fortnite (sorry) and some other aaa games.

Going聽trough my specs i think its a solid build and i dont want to change anything other than possibly getting more ram. I will say that my powersupply is very old now and only 450W so ive been comteplating whether its a cpu thing or powersupply issue.
I hope someone will be able to help me solving it since its making my hair grey and thin

specs.PNG

8 minutes ago, pcbrok said:

HI there!聽
Ive been having some problems with my pc for the past 6-8 months and i cant figure it out so i came here for help, since im not very familiar with pc's聽馃檪

When im particular games playing my pc will randomly shutdown and startup again, ive tried reinstalling windows and what not but to no avail, im 100% sure its one of my components...

I think its worth noting that its only some games it shutdown in, like War Thunder, CS2, Fortnite (sorry) and some other aaa games.

Going聽trough my specs i think its a solid build and i dont want to change anything other than possibly getting more ram. I will say that my powersupply is very old now and only 450W so ive been comteplating whether its a cpu thing or powersupply issue.
I hope someone will be able to help me solving it since its making my hair grey and thin

specs.PNG

Could definitely be the PSU if its a bad 450w unit. Do you know the exact model?

Could be a psu issue, could also be temps. Are the temps in you screenshot with a load on it? or at idle?

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

7 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Could definitely be the PSU if its a bad 450w unit. Do you know the exact model?

Ngu峄搉 Power supply CORSAIR VS450 80 Plus White

its this one, its quite old now tho

4 minutes ago, Wyzzy Moon said:

Could be a psu issue, could also be temps. Are the temps in you screenshot with a load on it? or at idle?

at idle, ive checked when playing how high the temps go but they are always at 80ish celsius聽

2 minutes ago, pcbrok said:

at idle, ive checked when playing how high the temps go but they are always at 80ish celsius聽

Bios might have a thermal limit set. For the CPU.

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

31 minutes ago, pcbrok said:

CPU or GPU temp ?

80C on CPU is ok, but not so much for a 2060 GPU (caps at 83C, may shutdown)

System : AMD R9 5900X聽/ Gigabyte聽X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18聽/聽ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /聽聽Eisbaer 280mm AIO聽(with 2xArctic P14 fans)/ 2TB Crucial T500聽 NVme +聽2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDDdrives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/聽聽Alienware AW3420DW 34"120Hz聽3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight聽mouse / Audeze Maxwell聽headphones

@PDifolco @Hinjima the PSU is F-tier

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

37 minutes ago, pcbrok said:

Ngu峄搉 Power supply CORSAIR VS450 80 Plus White

its this one, its quite old now tho

Orange or black label?

It could definitely be the PSU, its old and not very good.

53 minutes ago, pcbrok said:

solving it

do you have any GPU software like MSI Afterburner installed?

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

PCs I used before:

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

2 hours ago, podkall said:

do you have any GPU software like MSI Afterburner installed?

yea, but i cant see the voltage usage

2 hours ago, Hinjima said:

Orange or black label?

It could definitely be the PSU, its old and not very good.

its the orange label one, mine is maybe 5 years old give or take

Just now, pcbrok said:

its the orange label one, mine is maybe 5 years old give or take

Thats not good at all.. Orange lable VS 450 is a terrible unit and its being 5 years old at this point might be the cause of the issues.

Yup, it also has really bad OCP and OPP. OCP trips too early and OPP trips too late.

The 5V rail cannot deliver its nominal power since the overcurrent protection (OCP) is set at 16A, while theoretically, at least, this rail can deliver up to 20A.

The overpower protection (OPP) is set too high, allowing the 12V rail to drop as low as 11.16V. We had to abort this test else the PSU would break. Usually the first sign before an imminent failure are the bottom low voltages. Finally, the power ok signal is lower than 16ms but it is accurate, which is what matters the most. Source

I vote with the others that you should probably try with a different PSU first.

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?聽 Please mark it as the solution!

11 hours ago, pcbrok said:

yea, but i cant see the voltage usage

no need, if you have a voltage slider, try lowering it, all the way down or just enough to cause some significantly reduced power draw

the GPU will run slower, however it will also draw less W, making triggering any protections on the PSU less likely

but as @Hinjima and others said, it's probably good to get a better quality PSU soon

PC:

PCs I used before:

alright thanks alot, any recomendations to a new powersupply? i was thinking a 750W or something a little bit better.