LTT backpack return issue

Suspicious Llama

I have tried contacting LTT support and have now been told they won't respond to me anymore.

So someone I worked with bought a backpack then while in shipping decided it cost too much and I covered their full cost for the bag and got it when it arrived so it was a new bag only used by me, I wasn't overly happy with the bag as it stopped standing up after about a month and just droops over so when I heard about the single layer bottom I planned on returning the backpack. I have the proof of purchase which I provided to support but apparently this isn't valid for this issue. so my question is what happened to "Trust me bro"? @LinusTech has said that warranty is fully transferable on WAN before yet not for specific issues that get decided on?

14 minutes ago, Suspicious Llama said:

I have tried contacting LTT support and have now been told they won't respond to me anymore.

So someone I worked with bought a backpack then while in shipping decided it cost too much and I covered their full cost for the bag and got it when it arrived so it was a new bag only used by me, I wasn't overly happy with the bag as it stopped standing up after about a month and just droops over so when I heard about the single layer bottom I planned on returning the backpack. I have the proof of purchase which I provided to support but apparently this isn't valid for this issue. so my question is what happened to "Trust me bro"? @LinusTech has said that warranty is fully transferable on WAN before yet not for specific issues that get decided on?

My thought is you passed the return period for the product. Most stores have a set amount of time that you can do a return for refund. 30 days sounds about right for most places I have shopped at.

A warranty does not give you the right to return for refund generally speaking. Its there just to fix or replace the product when a defect is found.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

20 minutes ago, Suspicious Llama said:

I have the proof of purchase which I provided to support but apparently this isn't valid for this issue.

From what I understand, "the backpack stands up on its own" was an overpromise that has since been walked back. Even if you bought it directly from them and your name was on the invoice, they won't warranty backpacks that slump anymore.

If the order was placed before the cutoff (December 9th, the day after the WAN Show where the lack of a second bottom layer was discovered), whoever originally ordered it should be able to either return it no questions asked or take the $25 LTTStore gift card. If the order was placed after the 9th, it is what it is.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

4 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

From what I understand, "the backpack stands up on its own" was an overpromise that has since been walked back. Even if you bought it directly from them and your name was on the invoice, they won't warranty backpacks that slump anymore.

If the order was placed before the cutoff (December 9th, the day after the WAN Show where the lack of a second bottom layer was discovered), whoever originally ordered it should be able to either return it no questions asked or take the $25 LTTStore gift card. If the order was placed after the 9th, it is what it is.

Order was way back, July I believe. 

13 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

My thought is you passed the return period for the product. Most stores have a set amount of time that you can do a return for refund. 30 days sounds about right for most places I have shopped at.

A warranty does not give you the right to return for refund generally speaking. Its there just to fix or replace the product when a defect is found.

There is an issue with the manufacturing of the backpack with the bottom only having one layer Linus has said that they are offering refunds for this or a $25 US credit on LTT store.

From an accounting standpoint, the situation is very different for a second hand buyer. You're not asking for a refund. You're essentially asking for us to purchase the bag bag from you. It's much more complicated. 

For that reason, the warranty is transferable, but a refund on the product is not. 

As support laid out, if it ever naturally fails due to the missing second layer, we would be happy to get you taken care of in accordance with our upgraded warranty policy for this product. 

Contrary to your post we never said you can't contact support again. We just aren't going to give you a different answer about this specific issue if you aren't able to get in touch with the original purchaser. 

For them, we could process a refund, because it would be a refund. You'd have to sort out the money with them from there. 

Hope this helps clear things up.