Acceptable fan rpm on h100i

drewtcjones

I'm trying to silence my PC.

PARTS:

2x Stock Define R4 140mm front intake

2x Sp120 on h100i in push top exhaust

Psu; evga 650nex (something like that)

Gpu; 780 ACX ftw

My computer is a lot louder thank I would like. And being in a define r4 windowed I expected it to be. Is around 600rpm on the sp120 okay? Or is it really up to preference. I'm trying to single out my problem and I really think it is my psu being loud but I want to make sure before I send it back or just get a new one that is made for silence.

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602

I think the pump is making the most of the noise.

Yeah man, I think I agree with Paralectic. The H100i Pump isn't loud by any means, but it's a pump nonetheless.. It's going to make noise.

As far as the fans, "how loud" is really subjective to your particular preference and how your case is constructed.

We could throw numbers at you all day, and they would all be either too loud or too quiet.

Just find the median that you like and sounds good for you.

Also, the SP120s was a great choice. I did the same thing with my H100i and it's dead quiet.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

The SP120s make quite a bit of noise too compared to gentle typhoons.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I swapped mine out for Noctura NF-F12's and they work great, can't hear them at all - mind you I also put NF-S12A's and NF-P12's in my sound deadend case. With the cover on or off I can't hear the fans.

Yeah man, I think I agree with Paralectic. The H100i Pump isn't loud by any means, but it's a pump nonetheless.. It's going to make noise.

As far as the fans, "how loud" is really subjective to your particular preference and how your case is constructed.

We could throw numbers at you all day, and they would all be either too loud or too quiet.

Just find the median that you like and sounds good for you.

Also, the SP120s was a great choice. I did the same thing with my H100i and it's dead quiet.

interesting, well I am probably going to get the new black noctuas and see if I can handle the noise then. If not I might be looking into changing out my CPU cooler!

i5-4670k, Asus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro Series Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1866 MHZ, EVGA GEFORCE 780 FTW w/ACX Cooler, Fractal Define R4 Windowed (Black-Pearl), Samsung Evo 250GB, WD 1tb Blue, EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650, Acer H236HL 23" x2, Corsair H100i, 2x Noctua NF-S12A, 2x Noctua NF-A14, Steelseries Apex, Logitech G602