Sudden random crashing and problems launching games

Endless_Anarchy
Go to solution Solved by problemsolver,
12 hours ago, Endless_Anarchy said:

My system

1) i7-12700kf

2) 64 gigs of ram (4 - 16 gig sticks that are supposed to be the same)

3) I have a boot drive, hard drive, and sata SSD

4) my GPU is an rtx 3070

Even if all the ram is the same what I am going to try doing is disabling X.M.P it has never given me a problem before but it seems these error might be related to the ram

Please move your build specs to the original post by editing your original post. Include the exact RAM kit(s) model number

1. You say "supposed to be the same". That was not my question. My question was, do you have two kits  of two sticks of 16GB RAM?
    This is an important distinction.
  2. One thing you can do, if what I'm guessing is true, is make sure that the kits are installed in their corresponding pairs in the DIMM slots on the motherboard. (i.e. the matching pairs should NOT be installed in slots next to each other)
    1. If you can't tell which stick went with which other stick, look at the serial numbers on the DIMMS. You should be able to figure it out.
    2. RAM is only tested with it's corresponding pair. In a perfect world, you would want a 1x [4x 16GB RAM kit] instead of 2x [2x 16GB RAM kits] but normally you can get multiple kits to run okay

If disabling XMP fixes it, than it's likely we need to make some manual voltage adjustments to get the overclocked RAM working properly(yes, XMP is an overclock). You probably bought 2x [2x16GB RAM kits] and they're probably dual-rank. This means you're putting maximum stress on the IMC of the CPU. It also means the sticks were not matched, and if you didn't put the pairs in the correct slots, it could be even more difficult for the motherboard to train the RAM.

In testing my components I had Cinebench R23 crash twice so the bug report it gave me is below.

Other than that while trying my hand at a few games I had similar crashing issues, so far I tried Valorant, and a game known as Ultimate epic battle simulator which tends to be fairly CPU intensive. I've also attempted to run Minecraft but it wont even get past the launcher. I'll have the logs and reports for everything down below. I legitimately have no idea what is going on. At this point I am just going to attempt to reinstall my windows update

and I will get back if it works

My system

1) i7-12700kf

2) 64 gigs of ram (2 sets of 16 gig sticks that are supposed to be the same) (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0171GQR0C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

4) my GPU is an rtx 3070

_BugReport.txt hs_err_pid26096.log SystemLogs-2023-12-26.zip

Just now, Endless_Anarchy said:

In testing my components I had Cinebench R23 crash twice so the bug report it gave me is below.

Other than that while trying my hand at a few games I had similar crashing issues, so far I tried Valorant, and a game known as Ultimate epic battle simulator which tends to be fairly CPU intensive. I've also attempted to run Minecraft but it wont even get past the launcher. I'll have the logs and reports for everything down below. I legitimately have no idea what is going on. At this point I am just going to attempt to reinstall windows and I will get back if it works

_BugReport.txt 245.22 kB · 0 downloads hs_err_pid26096.log 54.05 kB · 0 downloads SystemLogs-2023-12-26.zip 24.16 kB · 0 downloads

Here is another log

VAL-2023-12-26.zip

8 hours ago, Endless_Anarchy said:

Other than that while trying my hand at a few games I had similar crashing issues, so far I tried Valorant, and a game known as Ultimate epic battle simulator which tends to be fairly CPU intensive. I've also attempted to run Minecraft but it wont even get past the launcher. I'll have the logs and reports for everything down below. I legitimately have no idea what is going on. At this point I am just going to attempt to reinstall my windows update

and I will get back if it works

_BugReport.txt 245.22 kB · 1 download hs_err_pid26096.log 54.05 kB · 0 downloads SystemLogs-2023-12-26.zip 24.16 kB · 1 download

I see you have 64 GB of RAM.

1. Do you happen to have 2x [2x 16GB RAM kits]?
  2. Since you have Armory Crate, make sure everything (including  UEFI/BIOS) is updated.
  3. While your computer info is able to be found in the logs you provided, please update your original post and provide your build specs like is shown in the example in this post

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!

1 hour ago, problemsolver said:

I see you have 64 GB of RAM.

1. Do you happen to have 2x [2x 16GB RAM kits]?
  2. Since you have Armory Crate, make sure everything (including  UEFI/BIOS) is updated.
  3. While your computer info is able to be found in the logs you provided, please update your original post and provide your build specs like is shown in the example in this post

My system

1) i7-12700kf

4) my GPU is an rtx 3070

Even if all the ram is the same what I am going to try doing is disabling X.M.P it has never given me a problem before but it seems these error might be related to the ram

12 hours ago, Endless_Anarchy said:

My system

1) i7-12700kf

4) my GPU is an rtx 3070

Please move your build specs to the original post by editing your original post. Include the exact RAM kit(s) model number

1. You say "supposed to be the same". That was not my question. My question was, do you have two kits  of two sticks of 16GB RAM?
  2. One thing you can do, if what I'm guessing is true, is make sure that the kits are installed in their corresponding pairs in the DIMM slots on the motherboard. (i.e. the matching pairs should NOT be installed in slots next to each other)
    1. If you can't tell which stick went with which other stick, look at the serial numbers on the DIMMS. You should be able to figure it out.
    2. RAM is only tested with it's corresponding pair. In a perfect world, you would want a 1x [4x 16GB RAM kit] instead of 2x [2x 16GB RAM kits] but normally you can get multiple kits to run okay

If disabling XMP fixes it, than it's likely we need to make some manual voltage adjustments to get the overclocked RAM working properly(yes, XMP is an overclock). You probably bought 2x [2x16GB RAM kits] and they're probably dual-rank. This means you're putting maximum stress on the IMC of the CPU. It also means the sticks were not matched, and if you didn't put the pairs in the correct slots, it could be even more difficult for the motherboard to train the RAM.

11 hours ago, problemsolver said:

2. One thing you can do, if what I'm guessing is true, make sure that the kits are installed in their corresponding pairs in the DIMM slots on the motherboard. (i.e. the matching pairs should NOT be installed in slots next to each other)

I now understanding your question, I did buy 2 16 gig sets and I made sure they were put in the correct slots, the biggest concern I had was that everything was working fine until now but by turning Off X.M.P everything seems to be working correctly again.

2 minutes ago, Endless_Anarchy said:

I now understanding your question, I did buy 2 16 gig sets and I made sure they were put in the correct slots, the biggest concern I had was that everything was working fine until now but by turning Off X.M.P everything seems to be working correctly again.

1. You may be able to clear the CMOS and/or disable fast boot and see if the motherboard can retrain the RAM correctly.
  2. If you use Armory Crate to update everything, (especially the UEFI) there's a chance it will improve stability.
  3. I could go into a lot more detail, but it looks like you've gotten what you need, so I'll let you be 😆

35 minutes ago, problemsolver said:
  1. You may be able to clear the CMOS and/or disable fast boot and see if the motherboard can retrain the RAM correctly.
  2. If you use Armory Crate to update everything, (especially the UEFI) there's a chance it will improve stability.
  3. I could go into a lot more detail, but it looks like you've gotten what you need, so I'll let you be 😆

I made sure everything is updated through armory crate and the bios is on the newest version. Ill check out disabling fast boot and clearing the CMOS but at the very least things are working fine now and I honestly haven't noticed anything running slower now that my ram is at 2666 instead of 3200 so I might just leave it for now and come back to at a later date. Thank you so much for your help, I was really worried about it since I thought I broke something.