Ryzen 9 7950x 3D vs Ryzen 7 7800x 3D

Hey guys so Im stuck between buying Ryzen 7 7800x 3D and Ryzen 9 7950x 3D. My use case is gaming and editing and I would also appreciate if you could recommend the best motherboard for whichever cpu suits me.

Are you video editing for shits and giggles for a youtube channel or something that has not gotten off the ground much? 7800x3D. 7950x3D is pretty much a dont buy unless you really need something that specific. 

Pretty much most B650 Boards will suit your needs. B650 Gaming X GIgabyte is fine. Depends on your region though

12 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Are you video editing for shits and giggles for a youtube channel or something that has not gotten off the ground much? 7800x3D. 7950x3D is pretty much a dont buy unless you really need something that specific. 

Pretty much most B650 Boards will suit your needs. B650 Gaming X GIgabyte is fine. Depends on your region though

Im a photographer so im looking for both photography and videography. I mostly do fps gaming like valorant, csgo and sometimes non fps games. 

10 hours ago, Kratzien said:

Im a photographer so im looking for both photography and videography. I mostly do fps gaming like valorant, csgo and sometimes non fps games. 

If you are doing hours + of video, 7950x. 7800x3D will do just fine, just depends on clip length and such. I dont recommend 7950x3D with its scheduling issues that a few people have been having. 

If it wasnt for the scheduling issue, i would say go for it, but it does so.