New Wolfenstein game is an absolute turd.

DeViLzzz

I just saw a one shot kill on a metal dog/wolf with guns?  Seriously?  This game is just getting more laughable the more I watch the stream I am watching.

Did you ever play wolfenstien 3d?

Animated_Mutant.gifAnimated_Fake_Hitler.gifHitler2forms.gif

160px-Mac_Pacman.gif

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

GameSpot totally lied with their review and so did many other sites. I am watching a live stream and see so much wrong with the game.  It has stealth elements but the enemy does not move around and surprise you with an attack or avoid an attack and maybe lead you into another enemy? Poor AI seen throughout this stream I am watching and it is being played on the hardest difficulty.  You can creep up on enemies but they can do nothing but stand there and wait to do nothing?  The graphics are nothing special.  A guy using a 780 Ti is streaming this and it looks average.  The faces look terrible.  There are these moments in the game where it looks like you are playing a casual Facebook game serving tea to Nazis and doing some sort of stupid pick a thing and blah ... omg just what a terrible game.  How many times btw does an enemy in a firefight just stand there forever and let you shoot at them?  It happens on many, many levels.  It is just horrible.

This game is soooooooooooooo bad I am actually going to get it from warez sites.  I have never done this in a very long time but this is just gosh awful.

http://www.twitch.tv/ellohime

Watch the game here where I was watching it and you will see how bad this is.

Also note that when the guy playing this was using a turret gun up in a tower nothing ever came up to him and naded him on time and this is on hardest difficulty.  The enemy also never ever got up the tower or tried.  It is a very bad game.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

holy cut and paste? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Oh man, I was just going to get this game. But I should know better - there is no real point pre-ordering or buying games on release, considering you could probably get the game for half-price in a few weeks anyway.

I don't think you have realistic expectations from a wolfenstein game.

As a long time fan of Wolfenstein, this game is pretty darn good so far. It's not a stealth game, I don't care about the stealth. Graphics are fine and don't factor in either way for me, they are okay. It is properly over the top and action focused like a proper Wolfenstein game should be. I like the way they do the health system, I like that you can dual-wield bloody automatic shotguns like an action hero, I like the perk system, I like that there are hidden sections. I like the fact I am yet to see a single zombie (fingers crossed that stays that way). The difficulty is totally fine on my end as well if you crank it up a little bit. It is a proper single-player only run and gun shooter and I need more of them.

Frankly it's refreshing

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Basically every review on steam disagrees...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

As a long time fan of Wolfenstein, this game is pretty darn good so far. It's not a stealth game, I don't care about the stealth. Graphics are fine and don't factor in either way for me, they are okay. It is properly over the top and action focused like a proper Wolfenstein game should be. I like the way they do the health system, I like that you can dual-wield bloody automatic shotguns like an action hero, I like the perk system, I like that there are hidden sections. I like the fact I am yet to see a single zombie (fingers crossed that stays that way). The difficulty is totally fine on my end as well if you crank it up a little bit. It is a proper single-player only run and gun shooter and I need more of them.

Frankly it's refreshing

this guy gets it! :D

OP probably didn't play the original Wolfenstein...

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

this guy gets it! :D

OP probably didn't play the original Wolfenstein...

I should also mention I give extra points for nazi gold :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I should also mention I give extra points for nazi gold :P

I'm tempted to buy it.

Is it good enough to pay full price?

Or should I wait a month or two?

GameSpot totally lied with their review and so did many other sites. I am watching a live stream and see so much wrong with the game.  It has stealth elements but the enemy does not move around and surprise you with an attack? Poor AI seen throughout this stream I am watching and it is being played on the hardest difficulty.  You can creep up on enemies but they can do nothing?  The graphics are nothing special.  A guy using a 780 Ti is streaming this and it looks average.  The faces look terrible.  There are these moments in the game where it looks like you are playing a casual Facebook game serving tea to Nazis and doing some sort of stupid pick a thing and blah ... omg just what a terrible game.  How many times btw does an enemy in a firefight just stand there forever and let you shoot at them?  It happens on many, many levels.  It is just horrible.

This game is soooooooooooooo bad I am actually going to get it from warez sites.  I have never done this in a very long time but this is just gosh awful.

Also note that when the guy playing this was using a turret gun up in a tower nothing ever came up to him and naded him on time and this is on hardest difficulty.  The enemy also never ever got up the tower or tried.  It is a very bad game.

you are entitled to your opinion i guess.......

Looking for a job

I'm tempted to buy it.

Is it good enough to pay full price?

Or should I wait a month or two?

Well I'm having fun so far, but I'm only a couple hours in so I refrain from giving a definitive statement on that. If things keep going as they are and last me for 15-20 hours then I will definitely be happy with the purchase. Especially if they give me a lightning gun of some sort.

GameSpot totally lied with their review and so did many other sites. I am watching a live stream and see so much wrong with the game.  It has stealth elements but the enemy does not move around and surprise you with an attack? Poor AI seen throughout this stream I am watching and it is being played on the hardest difficulty.  You can creep up on enemies but they can do nothing?  The graphics are nothing special.  A guy using a 780 Ti is streaming this and it looks average.  The faces look terrible.  There are these moments in the game where it looks like you are playing a casual Facebook game serving tea to Nazis and doing some sort of stupid pick a thing and blah ... omg just what a terrible game.  How many times btw does an enemy in a firefight just stand there forever and let you shoot at them?  It happens on many, many levels.  It is just horrible.

You can't judge a game by watching streaming videos... Play it, then judge it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

A few points -

1) Streaming is not a good way to judge the visual quality of a game - it's compressed

2) A game can be good and not be visually amazing

3) The people who reviewed it have played it, you obviously haven't

4) The people who reviewed it probably gave it high scores because they enjoyed playing it. This doesn't mean everyone is going to enjoy playing it.

you are entitled to your opinion i guess.......

It's a valid opinion on the game, I just feel like this is exactly what a Wolfenstein game ought to be and fans of the old game (the original and return to castle Wolfenstein I would say) are in for a good game. If you don't LIKE that and you want something liek a modern shooter with regen health so real and cinematics and such you will not like this.

Frankly it's refreshing

TB's thoughts in a nutshell, couldn't say it better

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Well I'm having fun so far, but I'm only a couple hours in so I refrain from giving a definitive statement on that. If things keep going as they are and last me for 15-20 hours then I will definitely be happy with the purchase. Especially if they give me a lightning gun of some sort.

Well then I will probably wait a little before I buy it. ^^

Happy gaming. :P

A few points -

1) Streaming is not a good way to judge the visual quality of a game - it's compressed

4) The people who reviewed it probably gave it high scores because they enjoyed playing it. This doesn't mean everyone is going to enjoy playing it.

The notion that reviews are somehow objective and applicable to everyone still baffles me. Know who reviewed the game, know what he likes and dislikes, read the actual REASONS in uncondensed form he or she provides. That is how you figure out if YOU might like it. PErsonally I really enjoy Totalbiscuit and Angryjoe's reviews (or first impressions) because they consistently explain their reasoning in a very competent way.

TB's thoughts in a nutshell, couldn't say it better

Oh he has one out already?! I thought they didn't have PC review code till embargo and he usually takes his time.

Oh he has one out already?! I thought they didn't have PC review code till embargo and he usually takes his time.

he manage to get his review copy before the embargo, its explained in the beginning

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

he manage to get his review copy before the embargo, its explained in the beginning

Guess when you're that big you can swing your weight a little bit x3

I just saw a one shot kill on a metal dog/wolf with guns?  Seriously?  This game is just getting more laughable the more I watch the stream I am watching.

A few points -

1. No see I have seen enough in this stream to definitely say this is a turd.  If I can save one person from buying this a full price or even a decent price I am happy.  Also if the game is so good then why are keys already being sold at dirt prices all over the net?  The game is a turd and they know it and they want to dump the keys they have.  This stream definitely is good enough to help me judge the game.

2. A game can be good and not be visually amazing.  I agree with this for sure but this game should have been better graphically at least to make up for how poor the game play is.

3. I didn't play it yet and won't as I have seen enough from game play, visuals and especially the AI to know it is a very bad game. 

4. You do not know that GameSpot did not get payolla.  That site has been going to crap over the last year and it would not surprise me if they completely sell out.

Also i think to say that it looks like garbage is way off the mark, not every game will look like the witcher, metro etc, but it looks pretty decent

and if you hate it so much, why bother torrenting it, makes no sense

I'm watching theRadBrad's walkthrough, and it looks good to me, i would've brought it, had i not brought a $300 racing wheel

Frankly it's refreshing

This guy sums it up well enough for me.

Wolfenstein is meant to be over the top, brash and stupid fun.

Quit being so narrow minded

Looking for a job

Did you ever play wolfenstien 3d?

Animated_Mutant.gifAnimated_Fake_Hitler.gifHitler2forms.gif

160px-Mac_Pacman.gif

I love 1st person shooters and yes I played Wolfenstein 3D and RTCW and they are better than this new garbage.