GTA6 trailer hacker sentenced to life in hospital prison

05032-Mendicant-Bias
22 hours ago, dizmo said:

it'll only escalate into things far more serious then a simple game breach.

Then protect your sensitive data, ffs.

Also, how did they catch him?

9 hours ago, Dracarris said:

Also, how did they catch him?

This article has a lot more information on it.

https://time.com/6308370/british-teenagers-hack-tech-companies/

Lawyers for the prosecution said police investigators and experts managed to link Kurtaj and his fellow hacker to the various incidents through a web of Internet Protocol addresses, emails, Telegram chat groups and their signature methods. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 12/22/2023 at 12:44 AM, dizmo said:

I'd almost guarantee the British military or intelligence sevice employs him or his services in some regard. Which I think would be a far better outcome for all parties involved.

On 12/22/2023 at 4:25 AM, Beskamir said:

My expectation is he'll get offered a nice government job as soon as he's sufficiently forgotten about. It'd be crazy not to recruit someone of his skill level.

I can guarantee you that is not happening. Since you need some higher form of security clearance to work in those fields pretty much anyone who is deemed mentally unfit or ill and especially someone who cannot grasp the scope of their actions will never be employed by anyone like that. Sure he may have no problem doing things without thinking about it or whatever but that also goes the other way and keeping secrets secret always takes the higher priority. Plus those agencies most likely already have people with skills like him that are not a security concern.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

On 12/21/2023 at 1:35 PM, 05032-Mendicant-Bias said:

I wonder if measures like limiting access to electronic devices were even considered.

Given that electronic devices do not require any sort of identification to purchase, and how cheap and easy they are to purchase and conceal (I’ve obtained a number of devices and PCs from friends and family for free, eliminating any money trail at all), the proven determination of the defendant to break the rules imposed, and capability to weaponize even supposedly locked-down devices; there’s no means outside incarceration that would ensure the defendant cannot access any devices. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

On 12/21/2023 at 2:00 PM, emosun said:

Oh no how will Rockstar survive without that 5 million dollars. They're just barely scraping by

All you gotta do is think about how you'd react to theft if the company was yours. Companies have to be held accountable for all their crap, but so do individual people acting in bad faith.