Hyte Y60 - how can I fit more than one full-height expansion card?

HunterAP

The Hyte Y60 case has 7 half-height expansion slots running by the motherboard, and they include a PCIe riser that lets you mount things like a GPU vertically on 3 full-height expansion slots.
I'm trying to mount my RTX 4090 GPU vertically, and find a way to install an Elgato Camlink Pro in the system. The issue being that the Camlink Pro is a full height card that you can't turn into a half-height one, as the HDMI inputs run along the full height of the card.

Is there some setup I could do with another riser or the like to get the Camlink Pro to fit in the Hyte Y60 or am I SOL?

39 minutes ago, HunterAP said:

The Hyte Y60 case has 7 half-height expansion slots running by the motherboard, and they include a PCIe riser that lets you mount things like a GPU vertically on 3 full-height expansion slots.
I'm trying to mount my RTX 4090 GPU vertically, and find a way to install an Elgato Camlink Pro in the system. The issue being that the Camlink Pro is a full height card that you can't turn into a half-height one, as the HDMI inputs run along the full height of the card.

Is there some setup I could do with another riser or the like to get the Camlink Pro to fit in the Hyte Y60 or am I SOL?

That's a rad case! But also really weird that those are half-height... Guess they only expected you to put half-height networking or audio cards in there!

I don't know the exact dimensions of your GPU, but I wonder if you could "jankily" vertical mount the Camlink Pro behind your GPU? It would be a weird situation to run the cables in/out and I'm not sure if a riser can do what I'm thinking of here, but I don't really have any other ideas other than running a PCI riser out the back haha! Any room behind the motherboard tray?

You could try installing a standoff - or a stack of washers - in between the Cam Link Pro, and the expansion slot itself. You may have to change out the hardware though. I'm not sure what the threads are on the Hyte Y60 - since you would need to use a longer screw.

What motherboard are you using?

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 hours ago, Wzyss said:

I don't know the exact dimensions of your GPU, but I wonder if you could "jankily" vertical mount the Camlink Pro behind your GPU? It would be a weird situation to run the cables in/out and I'm not sure if a riser can do what I'm thinking of here, but I don't really have any other ideas other than running a PCI riser out the back haha! Any room behind the motherboard tray?

2 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

You could try installing a standoff - or a stack of washers - in between the Cam Link Pro, and the expansion slot itself. You may have to change out the hardware though. I'm not sure what the threads are on the Hyte Y60 - since you would need to use a longer screw.

What motherboard are you using?

So I'm using an MSI MEG X670E ACE motherboard with an MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid
I don't think it'd be possible to use washers to artificially raise the slot height to use with the Camlink Pro, since like I mentioned the 4 HDMI inputs on it use the full height of the slot. Picture for context:

image.thumb.png.a4f73fa1f2588214e0eab3d5dc1071dc.png

As for mounting stuff behind / in front of the 4090 with another riser, I was thinking of doing that too. The included riser takes up the 2 full height slots closest to the board, and with the 4090 Suprim Liquid taking up 2 slots I could theoretically mount something in front of it, but getting a riser there would be pretty difficult. Here's a picture of the case without anything in it:
image.thumb.png.5391d258a93a1cc5320b04683ac42fa9.png

The included riser goes to the top x16 slot, so adding a 2nd riser would mean I'd have that 2nd riser go around / through the included riser. Not sure how I might pull that off.
And in that pic you can see that the included riser is mounted to a recessed spot, and there aren't any mount points for another riser.

My next best guess is to get a small riser and try to fit the capture card through the tiny opening for the half height slots:
image.png.b6780e850d99cb5f6ef8a1ca188dd368.png

Not sure if this is the best idea though

20 minutes ago, HunterAP said:

So I'm using an MSI MEG X670E ACE motherboard with an MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid
I don't think it'd be possible to use washers to artificially raise the slot height to use with the Camlink Pro, since like I mentioned the 4 HDMI inputs on it use the full height of the slot. Picture for context:

image.thumb.png.a4f73fa1f2588214e0eab3d5dc1071dc.png

As for mounting stuff behind / in front of the 4090 with another riser, I was thinking of doing that too. The included riser takes up the 2 full height slots closest to the board, and with the 4090 Suprim Liquid taking up 2 slots I could theoretically mount something in front of it, but getting a riser there would be pretty difficult. Here's a picture of the case without anything in it:
image.thumb.png.5391d258a93a1cc5320b04683ac42fa9.png

The included riser goes to the top x16 slot, so adding a 2nd riser would mean I'd have that 2nd riser go around / through the included riser. Not sure how I might pull that off.
And in that pic you can see that the included riser is mounted to a recessed spot, and there aren't any mount points for another riser.

My next best guess is to get a small riser and try to fit the capture card through the tiny opening for the half height slots:
image.png.b6780e850d99cb5f6ef8a1ca188dd368.png

Not sure if this is the best idea though

The 4090 that you've chosen is two slots for width, plus the radiator. Perhaps you could move the riser card from the top slot to the middle one(if this is even possible dimensionally), install the graphics card in the top slot without the riser(using standoffs or whatever to fill the gaps. Standoffs would be better), and then install your Cam Link into the riser slot mounted to the chassis.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

• 1 month later...

Out of curiosity did you ever get this working OP? I was gifted a Y60 that I want to use but was running into a very similar situation with an avermedia dual capture card (has 2 hdmi in and a out so cant be half heightrd) and a 3080.