Chinese Hackers Spying on U.S. Companies

ionbasa

post-419-0-01391300-1400554172.jpg

In a case out of the Western District of Pennsylvania, five Chinese military hackers were indicted on charges of computer hacking, economic espionage, and other offenses directed at six American victims in the U.S. nuclear power, metals, and solar products industries. This marks the first time criminal charges have been filed against known state actors for hacking.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/news_blog/five-chinese-military-hackers-charged-with-cyber-espionage-against-u.s

China immediately denied the charges, saying in a strongly worded Foreign Ministry statement the U.S. grand jury indictment was "made up" and would damage trust between the two nations.

Officials in Washington have argued for years that cyber espionage is a top national security concern. The indictment was the first criminal hacking charge that the United States has filed against specific foreign officials, and follows a steady increase in public criticism and private confrontation, including at a summit last year between U.S. President Barack Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/19/us-cybercrime-usa-china-idUSBREA4I09420140519

This is a little scarry considering some of the data theft was that for nuclear power, some of that information could be used into making nuclear bombs. 

I am not entirely suprised though, I expected that this has been the case at least for the past decade. It is interesting how it isn't ok for other countries to spy on US citizens, but the US government can get away with it...

post-419-0-01391300-1400554172.jpg

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Lol the irony

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

But the US messed with a iranian nuclear power plant, and most likely spies on the chinese where possible.

They would get destroyed in a war against China.

harnessing nuclear power for energy and nuclear bombs are 2 completely different concepts. Besides China already has nuclear technology.

harnessing nuclear power for energy and nuclear bombs are 2 completely different concepts. Besides China already has nuclear technology.

China probably has much more than just nuclear technology, they're smart little boogers.

The US spies on the US, though (Well, its citizens[as I'm sure other countries as well]). What's new?

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI Z97 G55 SLI | RAM: Crucial Low Profile Dual Channel 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: XFX 6950 2GB (Crossfire) | Case: Rosewill Blackhawk | HDD 1, 2 & Ext. HDD: WD 1TB, Seagate 1TB, 2TB Seagate External | PSU: EVGA 850W 80+Gold | Fans: One Blue LED Rosewill 140 mm fan, Two Blue LED Rosewill 120 mm fans, One Cooler Master 120mm Green LED Case Fan with Rosewill Fan Filter | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooler | Keyboard: Corsair RGB K70 MX Browns | Mouse: Corsair RGB M65 [black] | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | Display: HP x20 LED | Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohms | DAC:  Fiio E10 | Microphone: Blue Snowball (iCE) | Speakers: Logitech z313

yes, and no. One is controlled and one is uncontrolled chemical reaction. fundamentally they are almost identical, sans the controll rods and and the actual housing.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

God forbid someone spying on the US.

God forbid any country spying on any other country over the internet, because we can't just forget the NSA. All major powers have satellites these days, but spying over the internet is a whole new level.

yes, and no. One is controlled and one is uncontrolled chemical reaction. fundamentally they are almost identical, sans the controll rods and and the actual housing.

He has a point. China already has a large enough nuclear arsenal; they're not like Iran. Maybe it's for nuclear power generation?

That doesn't make it acceptable.

everyone does it to everyone...nothing new. 

The difference is nukes use fission and fussion and are purposefully detonated. Nuclear power plants use steam essentially to create power

The difference is nukes use fission and fussion and are purposefully detonated. Nuclear power plants use steam essentially to create power

That doesn't mean power plants don't harness fission reactions. They still use steam to drive turbines like every other energy generation method that requires heat, but the fission component is still there hence they're called nuclear power plants. Not sure how the proposed fusion power generation methods work though.

Maybe China wants to steal prototype fusion reactors for energy generation? I mean, those things are experimental and expensive and probably classified if the US Government managed to get its hands on one. Highly unlikely, but possible considering China doesn't need to steal nuclear bomb plans anymore.

Yes, but that steam is created through fission. Which is why byporducts are produced, usually from the decay of an uranium isotope. THat is one of the resons nuclear plants have controll rods that absorb nuetrons.

Everyone spies on everyone it's how nations work. We're all just a bunch of paranoid idiots who want to one up the other.

svs-first.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

This is a little scarry considering some of the data theft was that for nuclear power, 

Nuclear power plans and bombs use completely different grades of uranium. This information would be useless :P

As a German, who is not really in favor of either side, I'd say that this is fair...

[Confession Bear]

The US went too far with prism. I think that it made sense, but total surveillance is not an option really. Also, what these chinese people are doing is not right and potentially dangerous. Both is wrong, but both is understandable.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I just thought of something... This is like watch dogs, but county vs country...