Need help setting up rgb

Du2kas

Hello, i built my pc some time ago and only now i got the idea to change the rgb. I wanted to control everything in one place so i downloaded open rgb it doesnt recognize my pc argb fans and the aio cooler. The fans are connected to a controller that is connected to the motherboard in the argb header. The cooler is connected to the motherboards rgb headers. Nothing i do seems to work i tried plugging the cables into different headers i tried using an extension and so on. Can you please help me.

Download SIgnalRGB instead.

First watercooled System

Build Name: Frost

Monitor: Alienware AW3423DWF 1800R Curved Ultrawide 3440x1440 QD-OLED 157hz 10 bit 0.1ms

Chassis: Lian Li 011 Dynamic EVO w/ 2x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans on the bottom 1x120mm on back exhaust

Top Rad & Fans:  Corsair 54mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Side Rad & Fans: Corsair 30mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans

Motherboard: Asrock X670E Steel Legend

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D w/ Corsair XC7 RGB Pro w/ Kyrosheet

Memory/RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB DDR5 2x16GB 32GB 6000Mhz

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 4080 TUF w/ EK-Quantum Vector2 Nickel/Plexi & Backplate

Pump/Reservoir: Corsair XD5 RGB

Coolant: EK Mystic Fog

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & white cables from cablemod

Boot/OS SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe

WZ/2042 SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Game SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

Performance/Editing HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Storage HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition/Razer Mamba

Mouse Mat: Corsair MM700 RGB

Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast

Headset: Razer Blackshark v2 Pro

Eyewear/Glasses: Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS

Camera: Razer Kiyo Pro

6 minutes ago, ChaoticChaosx said:

Download SIgnalRGB instead.

I just did that, so it found my cooler but lostg my gpu and still cant find my argb fans

30 minutes ago, Du2kas said:

I just did that, so it found my cooler but lostg my gpu and still cant find my argb fans

Argb header you may need to make a custom for. I had to for my ARGB header for my GPUs EK waterblock. Here what it should look like.

sig.png

First watercooled System

Build Name: Frost

Monitor: Alienware AW3423DWF 1800R Curved Ultrawide 3440x1440 QD-OLED 157hz 10 bit 0.1ms

Chassis: Lian Li 011 Dynamic EVO w/ 2x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans on the bottom 1x120mm on back exhaust

Top Rad & Fans:  Corsair 54mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair ML Pro RGB Fans

Side Rad & Fans: Corsair 30mm 360mm w/ 3x120mm Corsair QL RGB Fans

Motherboard: Asrock X670E Steel Legend

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D w/ Corsair XC7 RGB Pro w/ Kyrosheet

Memory/RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB DDR5 2x16GB 32GB 6000Mhz

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 4080 TUF w/ EK-Quantum Vector2 Nickel/Plexi & Backplate

Pump/Reservoir: Corsair XD5 RGB

Coolant: EK Mystic Fog

PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000w G3 w/ custom modmesh black & white cables from cablemod

Boot/OS SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe

WZ/2042 SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Game SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB

Performance/Editing HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

Storage HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB

Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition/Razer Mamba

Mouse Mat: Corsair MM700 RGB

Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast

Headset: Razer Blackshark v2 Pro

Eyewear/Glasses: Gunnar Optiks Razer FPS

Camera: Razer Kiyo Pro

Yea so i looked and i saw that it doesnt support amd gpus, and asfor the argb header i had to hold the led button on he case for it turn on the function of connecting it to the motherboard. So in conclusion everything works but not the gpu, the gpus software is pretty easy to use so i will changeit there if i need to. And do you recommend deleting all the different software i ad before? And what are your thoughts about i suite3 and armoury crate? They keep interfering with my signalrgb.

6 minutes ago, NorKris said:

does ur graphics card have RGB or ARGB?

Just googled it it says argb, why are you asking?

4 minutes ago, Du2kas said:

Just googled it it says argb, why are you asking?

weell.. i opened my card up,  disconnected the ARGB connector from the board,  put an extension on it, and connected the "GPU ARGB" on my controller  (for u the motherboard,  for me corsair commander pro)

easy fix

13 hours ago, NorKris said:

weell.. i opened my card up,  disconnected the ARGB connector from the board,  put an extension on it, and connected the "GPU ARGB" on my controller  (for u the motherboard,  for me corsair commander pro)

easy fix

I dont really understand what you mean.

12 minutes ago, Du2kas said:

I dont really understand what you mean.

for a light, RGB or ARGB  there has to be a wire right?  going from the strip on the plastic part of the card to the PCB of the graphicscard

this wire can be disconnected and with a extention be connected to what ever controller u want 

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

for a light, RGB or ARGB  there has to be a wire right?  going from the strip on the plastic part of the card to the PCB of the graphicscard

this wire can be disconnected and with a extention be connected to what ever controller u want 

I didnt connect any wire to the gpu exept the power cable it has 3 pin connection on the side. You can search the gpu is sapphire nitro 6800xt se+

1 hour ago, Du2kas said:

I didnt connect any wire to the gpu exept the power cable it has 3 pin connection on the side. You can search the gpu is sapphire nitro 6800xt se+

looks like they made their own system 

image.png.68b365d08147cceb4baba1522867b778.png

4 hours ago, NorKris said:

Seems like it, i read some more and i think i understand what you ment by saying plug a argb cable in the gpu

On 12/18/2023 at 2:33 PM, NorKris said:

Ohh and another question you didnt answer is do i need aisuite3 and armoury crate? I dont use them at all and it interferes with signal rgb.

21 minutes ago, Du2kas said:

Ohh and another question you didnt answer is do i need aisuite3 and armoury crate? I dont use them at all and it interferes with signal rgb.

You can try signalRGB or OpenRGB without having armoury crate installed.

but my understanding (but this info might be outdated) is that u install armoury carte to get get sersors in sofware and u leave armoury crate alone

another option is ofc to get a USB controller for ur RGB but thats extra €€ or $$

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

You can try signalRGB or OpenRGB without having armoury crate installed.

but my understanding (but this info might be outdated) is that u install armoury carte to get get sersors in sofware and u leave armoury crate alone

another option is ofc to get a USB controller for ur RGB but thats extra €€ or $$

Yeah so i deleted armoury crate and signalrgb works i heard people online saying its not necessary so if i dont use it id rather uninstall it. And as for the aisuite3 idk what to do that software never really worked for me.

On 12/17/2023 at 2:12 PM, Du2kas said:

Yea so i looked and i saw that it doesnt support amd gpus, and asfor the argb header i had to hold the led button on he case for it turn on the function of connecting it to the motherboard. So in conclusion everything works but not the gpu, the gpus software is pretty easy to use so i will changeit there if i need to. And do you recommend deleting all the different software i ad before? And what are your thoughts about i suite3 and armoury crate? They keep interfering with my signalrgb.

After several attempts to permanently prevent the Crate from messing with my fans, I gave up and uninstalled the invasive piece of junk. 

You don't need AIS3.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

4 hours ago, RevGAM said:

After several attempts to permanently prevent the Crate from messing with my fans, I gave up and uninstalled the invasive piece of junk. 

You don't need AIS3.

Thanks i will uninstall that too 🙂