Ltt Metal screwdriver?

Mattkajor

Is there any update on any kind of metal screwdriver? I heard Linus talking about production on the Wan show.

Not heard of anything aside from WAN show segments. Frankly, any future updates will probably be from WAN show.

Linus flexing his unreleased metal screwdriver. Any updates?

image.pngimage.thumb.png.6c10858c0efac6ef36867c406b40a839.png

Pretty sure that was one that wasnt even made by LTT but instead a different company that made it and sent it in to them. I dont think its something they are making and quite frankly would probably be highly cost preventative 

1 hour ago, Rarity said:

assuming its gets made , it gonna costs alot ...

and be extremely heavy.

they said in the WAN show they are making them, it's just a very early prototype.

remember how long it took since the first "leak" of the regular driver and actual availability? this is probably going to take a while.

5 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

Pretty sure that was one that wasnt even made by LTT but instead a different company that made it and sent it in to them. I dont think its something they are making and quite frankly would probably be highly cost preventative 

IIRC, the first time the metal screwdriver was shown (or the metal handle, can't remember exactly), was a while back, in a Labs video. That was made in house (the handle at least), because they had bought a metal 3D printer. I did find the video where they feature the metal 3D printer, but not the part with the metal screwdriver. Can't really tell if that segment was edited out or it's in another video, that I can not find. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8bZCve_ZKA

On 12/15/2023 at 12:44 AM, Mattkajor said:

Is there any update on any kind of metal screwdriver? I heard Linus talking about production on the Wan show.

here is the latest "update" I recall seeing, but that was only 2 weeks ago so I wouldn't expect any major updates anytime soon.

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

• 2 weeks later...