Dust on my GPU

I recently bought an 4080 GPU and built my PC. I notice there is no cover on the back of the GPU and fine dust that still comes in my case through the case filters, gathers on it. Is it meant to be that way? Is it ok? Is there anything I can do about it?

I attached the image with the back (part that is on top) of my GPU.

Thank you!

4080 gpu back dust.jpeg

2 minutes ago, AkuTimi said:

I recently bought an 4080 GPU and built my PC. I notice there is no cover on the back of the GPU and fine dust that still comes in my case through the case filters, gathers on it. Is it meant to be that way? Is it ok? Is there anything I can do about it?

I attached the image with the back (part that is on top) of my GPU.

Thank you!

4080 gpu back dust.jpeg

This is fine, dust your computer every few months with a can of compressed air every few months. That is a good practice, reguardless of whether or not your gpu has a full backplate or not. 

Intel® Core™ i7-7800x | Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming II | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 580 Gaming 4GB | 32GB Team T-Force Delta RGB Black CL16 DDR4 | Samsung 950 PRO 256GB | WD Green 2TB | Seagate Barracuda 1TBWindows 10 Pro | Kolink Quantum RGB Tempered Glass | Corsair HX1000 PSU

Its fine

If ya wanna dust DONT get a can of compressed air thrown away money. A pc duster, compressor,... are all not too expensive and last years where a can can be as little as one time

A tiny amount of dust like that is nothing to worry about. It's unavoidable.

18 minutes ago, jaslion said:

If ya wanna dust DONT get a can of compressed air thrown away money. A pc duster, compressor,... are all not too expensive and last years where a can can be as little as one time

A leaf blower or a canister vacuum that lets you put the hose on the "blow" side are also good solutions. (I don't like expensive unitasker tools.) You might even have one of them already!

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Its fine

Yea, better to just buy something manual that has no risk of condensation. My preferred choices are manual bike pump or vacuum cleaner in reverse mode. One bike pump for $5 that'll last a lifetime or one one time used air can for $5...

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

25 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Yea, better to just buy something manual that has no risk of condensation. My preferred choices are manual bike pump or vacuum cleaner in reverse mode. One bike pump for $5 that'll last a lifetime or one one time used air can for $5...

There is no condensation. Whatever stuff comes out is straight up solid stuff that immediately sublimates and leaves nothing behind.

I do agree though that a small handheld compressor is much more cost effective in the long run, as well as more consistent.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

17 minutes ago, xFluing said:

There is no condensation. Whatever stuff comes out is straight up solid stuff that immediately sublimates and leaves nothing behind.

I do agree though that a small handheld compressor is much more cost effective in the long run, as well as more consistent.

Pretty sure condensation is a natural thing due to the compressed air, collects at the bottom. When people turn the can upside down to get a better angle at whatever they need to blow the condensation gathered at the bottom far from the exit is now at the exit blown out. I'm saying many just use them improperly.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

1 hour ago, xFluing said:

It does cause water condensing and freezing as it's liquid nitrogen based. Hold it upside down enjoy some co2 blasting and watch stuff freeze 😛

Thanks all for all the replies. I do and will use a compressor (my father has one). My concern was with the open back of the GPU.