I installed my Audio Drivers and I lost Audio quality. Help troubleshooting

OuterGodHermit

Hardware:

Mobo:  https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b650-a-gaming-wifi-model/ with ALC4080 with Savitech SV3H712 amplifier, along with DTS® Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III

Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M50X

When I first booted my new PC my headphones were listening significantly louder than in my previous mobo. I was happy. It was clear my previous mobo couldn't run them well. 

But then the ASUS bloatware (I was just testing stuff to see if there was anything useful in the Armory Crate s**t) installed Audio Drivers that completely screw my better sound. They went back to listen as they did in the previous mobo. 

I uninstalled all the drivers, and devices and rebooted. It went back next time to the default Microsoft signed drivers, but my headphones still sounded "bad". But I plugged them in my front jack and they are as they should be.

So this has to be some sort of config that I'm not finding.  

Any suggestions? 

image.png.1d095ee190af3e5fd03c2d1697a5d410.png

Have you tried a different source altogether? M50X have quite a reputation for unreliability, wouldn't hurt to check you didn't play too loud and potentially damaged the drivers in your headphones

1 hour ago, Cocococo said:

Have you tried a different source altogether? M50X have quite a reputation for unreliability, wouldn't hurt to check you didn't play too loud and potentially damaged the drivers in your headphones

By different source you mean another PC? I've switched back and forth from the rear port and front port and they play softer in the back, louder in the front. Is not that much louder, but it's noticeable. It must be some software trick I'm missing that is not configured well. THe only other thing I have is a laptop that outputs the same as my old mobo (which I still have working). 

20 minutes ago, OuterGodHermit said:

By different source you mean another PC? I've switched back and forth from the rear port and front port and they play softer in the back, louder in the front. Is not that much louder, but it's noticeable. It must be some software trick I'm missing that is not configured well. THe only other thing I have is a laptop that outputs the same as my old mobo (which I still have working). 

Yeah another device altogether, it's standard procedure for any headphone issues