Extremely Cheap Test Bench

Sernyhough

Any recommendations?

Don't suggest mb box please

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

Any recommendations? Don't suggest mb box please

Cooler Master HAF XB just take the top panel off and wola!

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I was gonna say motherboard box, joke's on me I guess... Any other cardboard box then. Really though if you want a dedicated test bench get a thick aluminium sheet, drill and tap some holes and install standoffs according to the ATX standards. Most of the finished solutions on the market currently are pretty rubbish and if you really NEED a test bench, you are gonna appreciate the time you put into designing your own and making sure it fits your needs.

Why don't you want to use the MB box? it's free withe every motherboard and works fine.

Since you don't want a suggestion to use the MB box though here are some other suggestions.

cardboard-boxes.jpg

Green_Milk_Crate.jpg

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

What's your budget? You can even make one if you're not willing to spend very much. A good material would be wood, acrylic, cardboard, etc...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Cooler Master HAF XB just take the top panel off and wola!

It's voila...

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Use a box or a basket.

OT:

It's voila...

Maybe he had wodka...

i'm a potato

If you already own a welder,Tap and die set and a drill. You could get a couple of sheets of steel and put together your own for a fairly low sum of money^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"