Anyone has experience with the Nothing Phone (2)?

Hello LTT Community, 

Yesterday i made a post trying to find a good middleclass phone. i searched some more and found the Nothing Phone (2) it looked interesting so i watched some reviews by Marques and MrBoss and also the videos on Nothings own YT channel and I think a lot of stuff the CEO says is true. The Phone market became extremely boring, ive been saying that for years too. Now im kinda bought into the hype but also want to know if the phone holds up by ppl that actually use it. 

Some things about me is that im not a hardcore phone user. I dont need peak performance or 50 cameras on the back. As long i have a really clean experience in day-to-day tasks and can play some basic games and shoot decent photos/videos on it, im fine. The personality of the Nothing Phone (2) convinced me to look into it over some competitors that might have more power inside the phone.

So if you have any experience with the phone i would be very thankful if you share your honest opinion with me. No need to sugar coat things. 

Thank you in advance. ❤️ 

I don't have direct experience, but everything I've seen indicates that the only real issue may be customer support at this stage. Nothing is a relatively new company and doesn't have a huge service infrastructure at this stage. If you're careful with your phones or willing to try a young brand, though, I'd say go for it. Even if the Glyph feature feels gimmicky, the Phone 2 is still a good device.

I don't have any personal experience with the phone but I was genuinely interested in getting it. What turned me off is the fact that it doesn't support eSim cards, which I think is unacceptable in this day and age. That's the kind of things that show the direction (or lack of) a brand is having. When you focus so much on your branding and design that you overlook the aspects you should focus on when making a phone: communication.

Well that's just my opinion, but I'd recommend checking the brand's subreddit to have a better feel of the community and what they have to say.