How do I get full screen on steam vr for games

I have a meta quest 2, and when i played f1 23 or assetto corsa, the vr wasn't in full screen and i was just watching through a windowed screen, how do I fix it? I have a  5500xt 8gb and the frame rate is pretty bad for f1 23 haven't tried assetto, but how do I lower the settings?

49 minutes ago, Voltron123friends said:

I have a meta quest 2, and when i played f1 23 or assetto corsa, the vr wasn't in full screen and i was just watching through a windowed screen, how do I fix it? I have a  5500xt 8gb and the frame rate is pretty bad for f1 23 haven't tried assetto, but how do I lower the settings?

i have no explanation for why it is in a windowed screen. I got a quest 2 and i airlink while using steamVR and it automatically full screens. (using 2060)

but to lower settings, launch game in normal mode, lower settings, relaunch in vr.

51 minutes ago, Voltron123friends said:

the vr wasn't in full screen and i was just watching through a windowed screen, 

Actually maybe there's a reason, did you tell the dialog that asks vr or not to go away forever?

20 hours ago, 675409 said:

Actually maybe there's a reason, did you tell the dialog that asks vr or not to go away forever?

idk, so basically i turned on steam vr, i connect it through a cable, and it says connected, and then i appear in steam vr home, and the game just appears like a giant movie theater screen

5 hours ago, Voltron123friends said:

idk, so basically i turned on steam vr, i connect it through a cable, and it says connected, and then i appear in steam vr home, and the game just appears like a giant movie theater screen

weird, never happens for me. but I do use oculus app, questlink (airlink) and steam at the same time

16 hours ago, 675409 said:

weird, never happens for me. but I do use oculus app, questlink (airlink) and steam at the same time

yes i do use the oculus, i found that steamlink is just terrible in my house lol

7 hours ago, Voltron123friends said:

yes i do use the oculus, i found that steamlink is just terrible in my house lol

if you have any reasonable quality usb-c cable you should be able to directly link it and use oculus app (questlink). questlink doesn't use much bandwidth. For steamvr do you use a cable or wireless?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I had this same issue. You have to tell the game that you want it to render for VR, not a regular screen. To fix (in Assetto Corsa, at least):

1. Go to options (the gear)
  2. Under Video, make sure "Oculus" is selected for the Rendering mode.

Have fun!