Selection help

Which option  

1. 1. Which should I buy?

• A
    • B

Hello,

I am planning on buying a laptop for myself for regular day-to-day office work and some gaming. I have been looking at Lenovo LOQ series laptops and I am confused between 2 specifications-

A

CPU-> i5-12450H

GPU-> NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 8GB GDDR6

B-

CPU-> i7-13620H

GPU-> NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 6GB GDDR6

Both have the same-

RAM- 2 x 8GB, 5800MHz, DDR5

SCREEN/ DISPLAY- WQHD (15.6)(2560 x 1440), IPS, Anti-Glare, Non-Touch, 100%sRGB, 350 nits, 165Hz.

STORAGE- 1TB, M.2, 2242 PCIe Gen4 TLC, SSD

I have to choose between A and B as any other Combination will go over my budget(I am from INDIA, and my max budget is 1,00,000 INR, I cant have refurbished laptops due to the billing policies/methods I will be using).

I usually use my laptop until they come apart themself. My current laptop is 4.5 yrs old. I am someone in the age range of 18-25 years. Please also keep these factors in consideration.

Please help.

30 minutes ago, Tibdi said:

Hello,

I am planning on buying a laptop for myself for regular day-to-day office work and some gaming. I have been looking at Lenovo LOQ series laptops and I am confused between 2 specifications-

A

CPU-> i5-12450H

GPU-> NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 8GB GDDR6

B-

CPU-> i7-13620H

GPU-> NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 6GB GDDR6

Both have the same-

RAM- 2 x 8GB, 5800MHz, DDR5

SCREEN/ DISPLAY- WQHD (15.6)(2560 x 1440), IPS, Anti-Glare, Non-Touch, 100%sRGB, 350 nits, 165Hz.

STORAGE- 1TB, M.2, 2242 PCIe Gen4 TLC, SSD

I have to choose between A and B as any other Combination will go over my budget(I am from INDIA, and my max budget is 1,00,000 INR, I cant have refurbished laptops due to the billing policies/methods I will be using).

I usually use my laptop until they come apart themself. My current laptop is 4.5 yrs old. I am someone in the age range of 18-25 years. Please also keep these factors in consideration.

Please help.

I'd go with A. Everyday office tasks will feel about the same with either system; the GPU, however, is something you'll definitely notice with games. The CPU difference is significant, but not enough to overcome the graphics.

8 hours ago, Commodus said:

I'd go with A. Everyday office tasks will feel about the same with either system; the GPU, however, is something you'll definitely notice with games. The CPU difference is significant, but not enough to overcome the graphics.

If thinking of the long run, around 4-5 years, which CPU do you think will be better, thinking points such as heating, longevity, life of the cpu, new/upcoming applications requirements as the applications coming forward might me more heavy/ consuming.

Last I searched around for CPU and GPU's was when I was buying my old laptop and am a bit out of touch to this thats why I am asking.