First and new PC build, will not boot :(

weefs

This is the first solo PC build that I’ve done and it wont boot. I am running a: 

Ryzen 5 7600

Sapphire pulse Radeon 7700xt

Corsair vengeanc 32gb ddr5 6400mhz cl36

ASUS PRIME b650m-a Wifi II micro atx

Kingston NV2 PCIe 4 nvme m.2 1tb ssd

So here’s the problem, the system is powering up normally, all the fans are spinning but since I don’t have rgb , I don’t know if the rgb works. Every fan spins except for the ones on the gpu, fans arent spinning and screen is black upon boot. Every now and then, the monitor will say ‘no input detected’ but I think that that is just a monitor thing. 

So far I have tried: 

Changing PCIe lanes

Checking that psu and gpu cables are plugged in right.

Changing hdmi ports on gpu

Changing hdmi cables

I have made sure that the gpu is mounted properly and that everything is connected.

Noteworthy mentions:

My AAFP header isn’t plugged in.

Despite the fact that my Ryzen 5 7600 has integrated graphics, the PC doesn’t display either. 

Everything on my PSU is connected properly (i think)

I don’t think that it’s a monitor issue cause my monitor usually works fine with my laptop

I have attached photos of my pc build.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

8 minutes ago, weefs said:

Every fan spins except for the ones on the gpu, fans arent spinning and screen is black upon boot.

Looks like a GPU problem.

10 minutes ago, weefs said:

So far I have tried: 

Changing PCIe lanes

Checking that psu and gpu cables are plugged in right.

Changing hdmi ports on gpu

Changing hdmi cables

I have made sure that the gpu is mounted properly and that everything is connected.

If you are positive that the GPU is correctly seated and is connected properly to the PSU and the fans still don't spin at boot it might be a dead GPU (quite unusual, but possible).

Try connecting your monitor to your motherboard. The Ryzen 7600 has integrated graphics.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 minute ago, Nocte said:

Looks like a GPU problem.

If you are positive that the GPU is correctly seated and is connected properly to the PSU and the fans still don't spin at boot it might be a dead GPU (quite unusual, but possible).

Try connecting your monitor to your motherboard. The Ryzen 7600 has integrated graphics.

Ive already tried it (as said in the post) and nothing still posts, i'm using about it being 100% a gpu problem 

and not a major issue, infact not even one that would affect booting but put RAM in slots 2 and 4

8pin CPU power firmly attached?

Possibly try a display port cable monitor to motherboard

JFP1 cables correctly attached? Theyre finicky little things

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

2 minutes ago, weefs said:

Ive already tried it (as said in the post) and nothing still posts, i'm using about it being 100% a gpu problem 

Did you try booting without the GPU? Disconnect it from everything (motherboard too) and only use the CPU to check if it the computer POSTs.

EDIT: Also double check 8-pin CPU connector and 24-pin motherboard connector.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 minute ago, Nocte said:

Did you try booting without the GPU? Disconnect it from everything (motherboard too) and only use the CPU to check if it the computer POSTs.

Ok let me try that

20 minutes ago, Nocte said:

EDIT: Also double check 8-pin CPU connector and 24-pin motherboard connector.

The gpu is completely disconnected from the system, I left only the PCIe cable for the gpu on the psu, the system still doesn't post.

24 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

and not a major issue, infact not even one that would affect booting but put RAM in slots 2 and 4

8pin CPU power firmly attached?

Possibly try a display port cable monitor to motherboard

JFP1 cables correctly attached? Theyre finicky little things

Reseated RAM into correct position, JFP1 cables are correctly attached, my case only came with power led + and - and a power switch one. It suddenly posted after removing RAM

7 minutes ago, weefs said:

The gpu is completely disconnected from the system, I left only the PCIe cable for the gpu on the psu, the system still doesn't post.

We can rule out the GPU then.

Try booting with only 1 stick of RAM. Also, I have been reading your motherboard manual and you should put your sticks next to each other. The DIMM_A channel are 2 left-most sockets.

Unraid Server

Reseating GPU now, the system posts after double check JFP1 cables and switch RAM slots.

Just now, Nocte said:

We can rule out the GPU then.

Try booting with only 1 stick of RAM. Also, I have been reading your motherboard manual and you should put your sticks next to each other. The DIMM_A channel are 2 left-most sockets.

image.png.210cfc91e95f1e801e367483b930a9c5.png

oh wow thanks I didn't know that, seems a bit odd though, I thought usually ram was either 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 4th

2 minutes ago, weefs said:

Reseating GPU now, the system posts after double check JFP1 cables and switch RAM slots.

My bad you need to follow A1 and B1 together, or A2 and B2 together.

Disregard what I said about keeping them close to each other.

Unraid Server

Just now, Nocte said:

Reply, my bad you need to follow A1 and B1 together, or A2 and B2 together.

Disregard what I said about keeping them close to each other.

yeah that's what i thought, 1st and 3rd should've been good. either way, it still posts without gpu. I will reseat gpu again to see if the gpu's messing up the system in any way.

Quick question to those who are bothered, how long does it usually take the 7700xt to post? It's been a while but I haven't got anything to post yet, I'm still hanging on to the hope that my gpu is just taking a while.

Update: PC doesn't post from cpu or gpu when gpu is in the system, but w/o gpu posts fine from the cpu, could power limitations from, lets say, a low quality wall socket hub prevent the system from posting?

22 minutes ago, weefs said:

Update: PC doesn't post from cpu or gpu when gpu is in the system, but w/o gpu posts fine from the cpu, could power limitations from, lets say, a low quality wall socket hub prevent the system from posting?

Rather from low power psu.

I'm willing to swim against the current.

32 minutes ago, weefs said:

What psu do you have?

Usually psu isn’t the issue on post. This seems like a dead GPU. Since it’s new, go ahead with an RMA and get a new one.

In the meanwhile, you can use the onboard graphics to get things installed and ready to go, then just drop in the gpu and install drivers when it arrives.

Just now, Whatisthis said:

What psu do you have?

its in my post, something from cooler master, i picked it off one of those psu cult lists

Just now, weefs said:

its in my post, something from cooler master, i picked it off one of those psu cult lists

I ask because it’s not listed.

10 minutes ago, leclod said:

Rather from low power psu.

i still think it’s worth a try, the system posts and boots fine without the gpu installed, and for some reason the power button led doesnt light up at all when the gpu is in. 

3 minutes ago, weefs said:

What's the wattage it's rated for?

On the box you received it in it should say 500W, 650W or something like that.

Unraid Server

1 hour ago, Nocte said:

What's the wattage it's rated for?

On the box you received it in it should say 500W, 650W or something like that.

oh my bad i thought i mentioned it in the post, its a 850w psu so it should be fine

1 hour ago, Whatisthis said:

I ask because it’s not listed.

Yep my bad, it's the Cooler Master MWE Gold 850 - V2. 

1 hour ago, Whatisthis said:

What psu do you have?

Usually psu isn’t the issue on post. This seems like a dead GPU. Since it’s new, go ahead with an RMA and get a new one.

In the meanwhile, you can use the onboard graphics to get things installed and ready to go, then just drop in the gpu and install drivers when it arrives.

Yep, that's what I was thinking, hopefully a return comes quickly. 

UPDATE: it seems like onboard graphics doesn't post now either, I have the GPU completely removed but the system still isn't posting, I've already waited 5 mins. I have changed nothing compared to the last time I booted off onboard graphics. Not sure what to do from here.